• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ariel: "I dont want to see shogun fight the upper echelon at lhw"

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I dont know how i feel about this one.

On one hand i understand why ariel is saying this. But on the other, what do you do with him if he keeps winning?

Dude has to retire.
I don't wanna see him get brain damage, seriously.

I don't think anyone wants to see him get seriously hurt unless you fucking hate the guy.

Give him to higher ranked opponents. I believe the situation will sort itself out.

I'm still hoping for Shogun vs Cirkunov. Hopefully their schedules jive. To allow this fight to take place.

Ariel's opinion means nothing.

He's a soft nerd that needs to stick to gossip column bullshit.

Rua is beating capable killers so he deserves fights vs the top of the division. I would love to see Rua vs Rumble or Rua vs DC and he's earning it.

The old guys just don't know when to quit.

Shogun has rebounded nicely I guess though, I stuck the fork in him after the OSP fight.

On one hand i understand why ariel is saying this. But on the other, what do you do with him if he keeps winning?

He won't keep winning if he has to fight decent fighters.

If he keeps fighting nobodies it's just going to set himself up for a mauling when he faces one of the animals.

Ariel's opinion means nothing.

He's a soft nerd that needs to stick to gossip column bullshit.

Yeah who the fuck does Ariel think he is, he should stick to talking shit on forums instead of getting paid to report on his favourite sport in the world, getting paid to travel to events as well as interview the best fighters in the world.

Who the fuck does he think he is.

He has not looked great against mediocre competition in his last 3 fights. He gets tagged quite a bit now and with his injuries and that chin on the decline I just feel once he steps in against a top 10 guy with a good gameplan and heavy hands it just turns into a disaster I feel. He is my all time favorite competitor but I don't believe he can hang with many in the top 10.

No need to give Shogun higher ranked fighters. A bad as the UFC LHW division is right now, he should fight mid tier fighters from here on out.

Agree with Ariel. If Shogun had been in there with an elite fighter Shogun would have been destroyed.

Shogun vs Anderson, Rashad, Glover...

Just don't put him in there with Rumble

He should rematch OSP or fight Manuwa before going for the top four of DC, Rumble, Gus and once hes back Jones.

Pride legend and happy to see him win but if fighters like OSP and old man Dan Henderson brutally KO him id hate to think what would happen to him fighting the upper echelon.

Just cut down to 185 so you can make a run without getting brutalized.

Outside of Romero and Jacare, who's going to really put a beating on Shogun? Weidman will wrestle him, Rockhold is chinny and not a heavy hitter by any means. Same goes for Bisping. Mousasi is an assassin though, and Whittaker could put some hurt on Rua. However, it's still better than fighting Cormier, Rumbles, Jones?, Glover, Manuwa, Gus, etc.

Was Ariel wiping away tears as he made this proclamation?

IMG_0589.JPG

I wouldn't accept directions from this beta, much less career advise.

Last edited:
Rua will be fine. He has looked sharp against some big guys. Give him a top 3 and see what happens

Shogun vs Anderson, Rashad, Glover...

Just don't put him in there with Rumble

Let's not forget that Glover hits so hard that people don't like to even hold mitts for him. He hits so hard Jones wanted him tested. He hits so hard people say they can feel their hand bones spreading apart when they hold mitts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back