Are you thinking about taking Sambo????

Cardio

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After Fedor's undisputed status as PRIDE HW champion????

Discuss.

well i've been wanting to get into it for sometime now (sambo combined with bjj will give you a phenomenal advantage over a fighter trained in just 1) but no schools in my area...

My thoughts: If you train BJJ, no need to switch to sambo. Training sambo wont make you fedor. Taking judo wont make you Yoshida and heavy drinking doesnt make you Tank. But if you have a chanse to spar with people from other MA backgrounds or crosstrain its always a good thing. It can be helpfull to see your usual aproach to fighting from a new angle.

If this really is a spoiler, I'm going to be so pissed off. I think I'll be pissed off anyway, though.

if you can add sambos leg locks to your bjj you will be very hard to stop as most people don't train leg locks enough in bjj ... there's a guy in my school whos trained in both and he can handle much more experienced guys then him i think primarily because most people just don't know how to stop all his leg locks

I am hopefully going to start sparring/exchanging training tips with a local master of sport sombo and judo black belt. I expect to get thrown around like a rag doll. For some reason, I am looking forward to it. I am hopefully going to start training with him after I return from my BJJ camp in Spain where I will be training for around 5 hours a day. Masochist... me? Never.

Well, maybe.

ok a mod posted...so this isnt a spoiler......good....I really didnt wanna know yet.

if you can add sambos leg locks to your bjj you will be very hard to stop as most people don't train leg locks enough in bjj ...

it depends on the lvl of the BJJ pratcioner.

Fedor has been undefeated and has not received a split decision in any of his matches since winning the PRIDE HW belt, therefore he is undisputed champion, irregardless of the result of his match with Mirko.

Back