Are you emotionally attached to your gear?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For example, your first gloves, your first muay thai shorts, your first gi...? Do you still keep them or did you throw them away?

nope, unless its like gym shorts with the gym logo on it. i paid $45 for those shorts, those fuckers, so emotionally invested like emotions of anger and regret lol

nope.

I take good care of my shit though because I'm not a slob. I don't treasure any of it though.

Saved a pair of gloves from around the time my son was born. Other than that, no

I'm somewhat emotionally attach to my boxing gloves, but than again I'm a nerd :redface:.

Not really. But then again I've never received a pair as a gift, or I figure if I had a pair of Flores or whatever made specifically for my own hands, maybe I would.

My rival RS1's have been with me for a year now, and i've made so much progress throughout this year. Yes they are my babies

Nope. Gave my first ever pair of gloves away and left my first pair of Thai shorts on the bus by accident. I still have the handwraps from my first fight, but I wouldn't be upset if I lost those either.

Yes

I kept my first pair of gloves
I keep my wraps for big fights I had
And my first wrestling shoes ji kept

^ can relate. I take mine on long walks on the beach. Then I rub that bitch down with the finest saddle soap while whispering Shakespeare into her vent holes.

Some of it I have and will keep although it never gets used anymore and has been swapped for other items. I still have KOFightgear gloves that I must have bought 12 years or so ago packaged up in a box....

I'm only new at this game but yea I take pride in my gear and really admire the workmanship that went into them and the hours that I've put in with them. I mean as the years go on I won't be hanging on to all kinds of old worn out stinky gear but I think I will keep my first gloves and boxing boots. Like someone said maybe the wraps from an ammy fight if I ever take one, as a reminder.

I feel surprisingly attached to my shitty boil and bite mouthguard.

I know I should pony up and get a properly fitted one, but it's been there through the beginning, preventing me from biting my tongue, or smashing my teeth in- making me sound like I have marbles in my mouth when I try to talk with it.

Attached in that I like the quality, of my only pair of Winning gloves for example. But no not emotionally or whatever.

All the custom made Winning stuff because it means you know what quality gear is like. I'm not parting with that stuff for as long as possible.

I just pulled a punching bag I have had for over 14 years back from the curve because... I have had it for 14 years lol

I am, but I don't mind giving some away especially when i seldom use a particular gear.

Back