Are we so sure Tom Aspinall gets by Lewis?

I'd give Lewis about 15% chance. He has the ability to put anyone away. He may not always do it, but it only takes one with him.

Did you not bother reading my entire first post? I literally said that even Spivac, a guy that's much bigger and likely stronger than Almeida even had a hard time taking down Derrick and submitting him. If Spivac had that much of a hard time with Derrick who wasn't even at 100% due to having to cut almost 30 pounds in 3 days before the fight, What makes you think that Aspinall would have an easier time taking down and subbing a Derrick at 100%? I'm not saying that Tom couldn't do it. What I'm saying is it wouldn't be nearly as easy as you and some others seem to think.
Not sure why you would compare Spivak to Aspinall? Tom is 6'5" and has been a solid 250lbs his entire career. Tapology has his weight at 252 lbs in his 2nd Pro fight in 2015. Tom was 23 and a solid 250 + naturally.

Spivak is 6'3" and broke 250 lbs in his last 2 weigh ins. His weight has fluctuated a lot since he isn't "Naturally" as big as Tom. He was 238 in 2018 then ballooned to 254 for a fight with Walt Harris then 233 against Tuivasa & 234 vs Tybura.

Spivak weighing close to what Current LHW champion Pereira tells me he could be a LHW and Tom is never making LHW. They are 1 weight class apart. Spivak also had a pretty easy time with Lewis. The fight lasted 3:06 and Spivak had 2:32 control time. 6-8 in the TDs and Derrick landed 0 of his 3 attempted strikes. Aspinall melts Derrick easily.

He didn't try to.
Yes he did. You must have not watched it.

You sure seem to be able to glaze a lot of info from 15 seconds.
How the hell am I glazing? All I said was that Tom didn't fight a very smart fight and Blaydes did a decent job capitalizing. No where did I say Blaydes did exceptional or tooled Tom.

It was 15 seconds my guy.

In that 15 seconds the official stats say Blaydes landed 4 of 10 strikes, but watching the fight he lands 3 of 9.

Aspinall lands 3 of 5 and then crumples from a knee injury.

It was dead even and neither of them did anything of note. People are super impressive to green that Blaydes was winning when they both landed 3 strikes and nine of them were significant.
I never said Blaydes was necessarily winning. All I said was that Tom was reckless with his entries and Blaydes did an okay job with throwing as he was entering. The way Tom was entering was not smart.

Not sure why you would compare Spivak to Aspinall? Tom is 6'5" and has been a solid 250lbs his entire career. Tapology has his weight at 252 lbs in his 2nd Pro fight in 2015. Tom was 23 and a solid 250 + naturally.

Spivak is 6'3" and broke 250 lbs in his last 2 weigh ins. His weight has fluctuated a lot since he isn't "Naturally" as big as Tom. He was 238 in 2018 then ballooned to 254 for a fight with Walt Harris then 233 against Tuivasa & 234 vs Tybura.

Spivak weighing close to what Current LHW champion Pereira tells me he could be a LHW and Tom is never making LHW. They are 1 weight class apart. Spivak also had a pretty easy time with Lewis. The fight lasted 3:06 and Spivak had 2:32 control time. 6-8 in the TDs and Derrick landed 0 of his 3 attempted strikes. Aspinall melts Derrick easily.
Spivac at one point being close in weight to what Alex weighs in at on fight night does not mean he could make 205. Stipe also weighed 234 in his last fight, does that mean he's making 205? fuck no. Doesn't matter if Spivac ballooned to 250, weight is weight and a ballooned Spivac on top of you is not going to feel any different than a natural 250 Tom on top of you. Again, I'm not arguing that Tom couldn't submit Derrick, what I'm arguing is that it wouldn't be nearly as easy as you all seem to think it would be.

Spivac had an easy time because Lewis didn't even go into that fight healthy cause of the 3 day weight cut before the fight. That makes a huge fucking difference dude.

Probably more easily than DC did it. Maybe even flashier.

Nothing is ever set in stone in MMA, of course, but I've seen nothing from Aspinall that leads me to believe he'd have any trouble with Lewis.

You got a small minority on Sherdog making ridiculous claims that the GOAT Jon Jones is “running” from British Tom but Tom’s best wins are Sergei, AARP-AA and flat-footed Volkov.

Black Beast with his new found cardio and power may just Travis Browne Tom.

I say give Lewis a chance to swang and bang…could be interesting.
Sergei was the boogeyman of the UFC HW division on a 6 fight winning streak all by round 1 KO including wins over Blaydes and Lewis. Put some effort and thought into your trolling. He was pretty much the biggest win possible at HW at the time and a better win than Gane.

<36>

Almeida couldn't even submit Derrick and control him on the ground and he's a submission artist. I doubt Tom would have an easier time subbing him. maybe controlling him but not definitely subbing him. Even Spivac who is a big dude had a hard time keeping Derrick down and a big reason why he was able to do sub him was because of Derrick having to cut almost 30 pounds in 3 days. I don't think an in shape Derrick would have gotten finished on the ground like that against Spivac.
Almeida has struggled to finish any HW in the top 15 he has fought and being a very small HW seems to have a lot to do with it. He also has pretty much no striking or GnP.

I feel semi sure. But it'd be hillarious if Lewis won.

Sergei was the boogeyman of the UFC HW division on a 6 fight winning streak all by round 1 KO including wins over Blaydes and Lewis. Put some effort and thought into your trolling. He was pretty much the biggest win possible at HW at the time and a better win than Gane.
You obviously can’t grasp the wider concept of how weak the HW division is.

Arlovski is still actively fighting and it took Tommy 2 rounds to dispose of that fossil version.

Aspinall’s cardio and wrasslin are big unknowns and he got tagged pretty good by one trick Sergei. Same punch from Lewis sends Tommy flying over Buckingham Palace fool.

I feel semi sure. But it'd be hillarious if Lewis won.
So far Tom has fought guys tailor made for him.

We don’t know about Aspinall’s wrestling or gas tank.

Blaydes would have tested one or both but Tom could not last long enough for us to see this.

You obviously can’t grasp the wider concept of how weak the HW division is.

Arlovski is still actively fighting and it took Tommy 2 rounds to dispose of that fossil version.

Aspinall’s cardio and wrasslin are big unknowns and he got tagged pretty good by one trick Sergei. Same punch from Lewis sends Tommy flying over Buckingham Palace fool.
I absolutely can grasp how weak HW is but that doesnt mean there aren't obvious exceptions like Aspinall and Sergei is well above most of the HW division as well. You can't tell what you're watching.

Aspinall took his time with Arlovski and still finished him within 2 rounds.

Aspinall’s wrestling has looked very good when his knee hasnt exploded due to a existing injury.

Sergei was running through everyone in the HW division including the guy you made this thread about. Lewis wouldn’t be able to land that same punch, he's slower, a worse striker, has shorter reach and has a much worse clinch and wrestling than Sergei.

MMA is unpredictable. Within that HW MMA is the most unpredictable. Within that a HW MMA fight that Lewis is in may be the most unpredictable.

I absolutely can grasp how weak HW is but that doesnt mean there aren't obvious exceptions like Aspinall and Sergei is well above most of the HW division as well. You can't tell what you're watching.

Aspinall took his time with Arlovski and still finished him within 2 rounds.

Aspinall’s wrestling has looked very good when his knee hasnt exploded due to a existing injury.

Sergei was running through everyone in the HW division including the guy you made this thread about. Lewis wouldn’t be able to land that same punch, he's slower, a worse striker, has shorter reach and has a much worse clinch and wrestling than Sergei.

We thought Gane was quote "the most skilled HW ever"

How that turn out?

How can you say Sergei is a better win than Gane? Holy shit.. Gane beat all the same guys Sergei did and more. Not to mention he survived 5 rounds with the true HW champ who was destroying EVERYONE at the time. Who did Sergei KO? Derrick Lewis,Tai Tuivasa, Curtis Blaydes. The only good win he has on that KO streak is Blaydes. I would say maybe Lewis too if he didn't just get sparked out by Tuivasa the fight before. Not to mention Sergei got tooled by a late career Reem who was coming off of getting sparked out twice in a row and was getting KTFO by anyone that wasn't on their way out.

Oh please. Lewis is fun and he always has a chance to catch somebody with a haymaker but Aspinall wins that fight with ease 99 times out of 100.

How can you say Sergei is a better win than Gane? Holy shit.. Gane beat all the same guys Sergei did and more. Not to mention he survived 5 rounds with the true HW champ who was destroying EVERYONE at the time. Who did Sergei KO? Derrick Lewis,Tai Tuivasa, Curtis Blaydes. The only good win he has on that KO streak is Blaydes. I would say maybe Lewis too if he didn't just get sparked out by Tuivasa the fight before. Not to mention Sergei got tooled by a late career Reem who was coming off of getting sparked out twice in a row and was getting KTFO by anyone that wasn't on their way out.
When did Gane fight Blaydes? I seem to remember Gane ducking that fight. Gane didn't have a winning streak when he fought Jones. Sergei was on a 6 fight streak when Aspinall beat him. Gane ducked all 3 of those guys. Tai nearly KOed Gane as well, think more type less. Sergei beat all their mutual opponents more impressively.

Last edited:
you saw cardio in that last fight?? i saw a guy who wasn't completely gassed for a change but who was still well on the way. put him against aspinall with TDD and that barrage and he's going to be doing houston alexander and kimbo slice at the same time.

Back