Opinion Are we on a path to rational fascism?

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whether left or right, we have both sides of the political spectrum constantly arguing for an increase in control on individuals and society.

Many of these controls are probably needed. Like laws against murder, or laws against selling addictive drugs for profit, or laws against calling for violence in the name of the rise of a Sunni Caliphate.

Some are very grey, like whether you should drone bomb anyone outside of the US because they were declared a terrorist, or maybe social media censorship.

And some are highly questionable like criminalizing speech on Israel, or saying a crime is extra bad because you used a racial or gender slur when you bashed their skull in.

While trying to add some perspective to the varying degrees of justification for this March towards control, I want to question if this is the society we Americans really want to live in?

I get that in a vacuum, you can argue for the dangers of any single topic, and make a real case for it being a concern, and maybe even that it is a concern that must be addressed.

But at what cost?

If we look at everything in a vacuum, you end up with blinders on. You can't see the bigger picture of finding a justification on every facet of society, to the point that we live in a completely controlled, monitored, and fearful society.

Look, I can make a case for China's social credit score. Do you want people shitting on public transit?

Well how can I prevent someone from shitting twice on public transit without this tool that will allow me to prevent the shitter from being able to ride on public transit again?

You see if you just focus on the problem that we all agree is a problem. Someone shitting on public transit. Then you never get to the question of the greater concern of the government giving a social credit score.

So WR. Do you see us inching towards a fascist society in a never ending list of vacuum justifications, from all sides of the political spectrum?

Discuss...........

To control others is, unfortunately, human nature.

You’ve gotta love the modern approach to fascism . “ you’re a victim, so we’ll make these laws to protect you”..

The universal order of all things requires a bit of ruthlessness. By forcing the weak to thrive, we are destroying our own species.

To control others is, unfortunately, human nature.

You’ve gotta love the modern approach to fascism . “ you’re a victim, so we’ll make these laws to protect you”..

The universal order of all things requires a bit of ruthlessness. By forcing the weak to thrive, we are destroying our own species.

That ruthlessness might be our undoing as well, when gene editing becomes a thing.

There is a reason the weak exist. That sickle cell trait is a weakness in modern society. In a jungle with Malaria it is superior.

Having a species of genetically similiar super intelligent, beautiful, and athletic humans, will be our down fall as well.

In genetics, diversity really is strength as a species.

That ruthlessness might be our undoing as well, when gene editing becomes a thing.

There is a reason the weak exist. That sickle cell trait is a weakness in modern society. In a jungle with Malaria it is superior.

Having a species of genetically similiar super intelligent, beautiful, and athletic humans, will be our down fall as well.

In genetics, diversity really is strength as a species.
Agreed, but naturally it would be a diversity of the smartest and most thoroughly equipped from each category. Not the special olympics.

Agreed, but naturally it would be a diversity of the smartest and most thoroughly equipped from each category. Not the special olympics.

But see the thing that made those people "special", is the same process that makes people actually special.

Random variation is needed. I am afraid we will learn that the hard way with GMO's.

I think the best possible future might involve a benevolent dictatorship with stratified societal interrelationships, like in feudal Japan, where you had obligations to those above and below your station in life.

People have to earn citizenship through some form of service to the State, either military or civil. Those who can't military can earn citizenship through (lots of) community service. Once obtained, you're guaranteed a right to work and vote. Includes free housing, health care and education.

Furthermore, there will have to be a stable population of healthy producers, so it would be a good idea to limit couples to one child each with a chance to earn another birth right through more service or because they have beneficial genetic traits that would improve the whole.

Maybe even a generation should occur where people with inherited diseases can't have children. In a hundred years we could drastically reduce cancers, heart disease, etc.

I think the best possible future might involve a benevolent dictatorship with stratified societal interrelationships, like in feudal Japan, where you had obligations to those above and below your station in life.

People have to earn citizenship through some form of service to the State, either military or civil. Those who can't military can earn citizenship through (lots of) community service. Once obtained, you're guaranteed a right to work and vote. Includes free housing, health care and education.

Furthermore, there will have to be a stable population of healthy producers, so it would be a good idea to limit couples to one child each with a chance to earn another birth right through more service or because they have beneficial genetic traits that would improve the whole.

Maybe even a generation should occur where people with inherited diseases can't have children. In a hundred years we could drastically reduce cancers, heart disease, etc.

Let's say over the next 100 years this system comes into reality.

How would you prevent the corruption that has been inherent in every system ever?

What do you think would be the nightmare scenario of creating a system with this much control built in, if that corruption became systemic?

Wow...

I can’t see anything going wrong with this approach. Broken down in to simpler terms:

Phase one: defy nature’s ability to strengthen the species by coddling the weak and dysfunctional.

Phase two: create division by class and value within the unnatural system

Phase three: take over of the natural order by the stronger, smarter class (those that would have thrived naturally) but with everyone’s best interests in mind.

Hmmmmm.

It's too bad I'm limited to just a like because love would be more appropriate.

When I was in high school, it was the religious right who was trying to control everyone. Now it's the woke left. Power corrupts and I think it's inevitable that people who lack the emotional and intellectual faculties to debate like adults will ultimately resort to brutish tactics to silence or destroy those with an opposing viewpoint. Whenever free discussion on a topic is shut down by threat of consequence (like the War on Terrorism was in the 2000s, or the various "deplatformings" of today), I think that's ultimately a bad thing.

Obviously this is a far cry from living in an actual fascist government state, but it is amazing how many people have rationalized fascism or fascist tactics (ironically, these people often claim to be "anti fascists" themselves).

We have been crossing lines lately, so yes

When I was in high school, it was the religious right who was trying to control everyone. Now it's the woke left. Power corrupts and I think it's inevitable that people who lack the emotional and intellectual faculties to debate like adults will ultimately resort to brutish tactics to silence or destroy those with an opposing viewpoint. Whenever free discussion on a topic is shut down by threat of consequence (like the War on Terrorism was in the 2000s, or the various "deplatformings" of today), I think that's ultimately a bad thing.

Obviously this is a far cry from living in an actual fascist government state, but it is amazing how many people have rationalized fascism or fascist tactics (ironically, these people often claim to be "anti fascists" themselves).
Antifa is a direct response to the fascist leanings of the American alt-right. Not saying I condone their conduct but you can't sweep away the fact that by and large conservatives have always tended to be more authoritarian. If we ever end up in some sort of fascist state it'll be because conservatives in charge lead us there out of a reactionary fear against the purple-haired battle sluts (much respect @Higus) who in reality have almost zero political power.

All that said, freedom of speech is one of our most sacred rights, and I condemn anyone right or left who wants to suppress speech. Gross speech and hate speech is protected speech, and we need to hear it. The trend from my fellow lefties to try and suppress said speech is not only un-American it's also wrong, it further radicalizes not only the fringe bu fence-riders, since they see that one side is just trying to suppress speech and isn't actually going after it, and it will ultimately come back to bite us.

Every family has cancer. In fact, everyone is loaded with tumors, mostly benign. It's normal functioning of the body that unfortunately sometimes goes wrong and becomes a malignancy, usually at random.

Antifa is a direct response to George Soros’s pocketbook.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Antifa is a direct response to the fascist leanings of the American alt-right

So when they attack Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro they are attacking the alt-right?
When they call black people the N word and mexicans the S word because they are part of the military they are attacking the alt right???

They are just a bitter bunch of pussy white skinny bitch ass cowards wearing a HOOD, er, I mean MASK attacking everyone who doesn't agree with them like a fucking fascist does.

Any time you see an ON THE NOSE name you know that word has nothing to do with their purpose.
Examples: Progress has nothing to do with progress. anti-fascist has nothing to do with being against fascism.

Hey, it is progress to say a man without a dick is a woman and can do women's powerlifting...no it is not antiscience, it is progress....we are progressives ffs!

Hey, we are antifascists...so what if we gank everyone we don't agree with like a fucking fascist...we are not fascists....I mean our name is fucking anti-fascists ffs!!!

Who needs to act out truth when all the truth you ever need is in your self given title???

Back