Are UFC protecting Lawler

He wouldn't fight a teammate unless it was for a belt. A teammate who subsequently was popped for steroids was he not?
He wouldn't fight him cos he knew he would lose. Yeah funny how so many people from his camp get done, but Tyrone wouldn't touch that stuff its all the other guys.
images

71f5216f0c1f5e395033288baa276676_crop_north.jpg

It really looks like they want to do the Condit rematch. I think that makes the most sense and... I mean as much as the UFC doesn't owe anybody anything... I feel like Condit deserves to be thrown this bone. He's been such an incredible fighter to watch and should be the champ right now.

Rory vs. Wonderboy is a weird one for sure. Rory is coming off a loss and Wonderboy is coming off the biggest win of his career. It just seems like if Rory wins it's a losing scenario for the UFC, but if Wonderboy wins then we have the most legitimate contender in years.

Lawler is the protect we all need at night when walking down a dark alley.

It really looks like they want to do the Condit rematch. I think that makes the most sense and... I mean as much as the UFC doesn't owe anybody anything... I feel like Condit deserves to be thrown this bone. He's been such an incredible fighter to watch and should be the champ right now.

Rory vs. Wonderboy is a weird one for sure. Rory is coming off a loss and Wonderboy is coming off the biggest win of his career. It just seems like if Rory wins it's a losing scenario for the UFC, but if Wonderboy wins then we have the most legitimate contender in years.
Literally the only other fight besides T-Wood they should make.

Woodley should get the damn shot man. He has been a team player since day one and beat everyone he has fought for ages. Give this man his shot.
If he would have beaten Rory he have gotten a title shot already.

Why would he need to get into a war with Hendricks when he can just KO him in 3 minutes...?

Looks like there's no point in having him fight anyone, then. He could always just KO them in 3 minutes, eh?

If he would have beaten Rory he have gotten a title shot already.

This thread's premise is silly. Lawler isn't being protected against anyone. If I had to choose one UFC champion off the top of my head that gave the least amount of shit about who, when and where - Robbie would come first, even before McGregor. Robbie epitomizes what is to be a badass. When "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon needs more machismo, he pops in to ATT to see if Robbie's available. In fact, I would have given anything today for Robbie to have been at the podium between McGregor and Diaz; because when they were going back and forth with their "I don't give a fucks," Robbie could have silenced the room by putting his hands out and saying "No, I don't give a fuck."

blkmike817 - nail on the head. Woodley CAN be a beast on any given fight. Then again, he's also shown the ability to fall flat on his face in his biggest moments, especially considering his abilities. And as you said, had he beaten Rory to begin with, he'd have fought Robbie already. Now he's waiting because he's been promised a handout due to Big Rig being Big Rig and missing weight. I like Woodely a lot, and outside of his fights with Daley and Condit, I've rooted heavily for him, but he doesn't exactly have the strongest resume.

Condit deserves a rematch, period. That decision was too controversial to be left without one. Then again, if GSP comes back and wants a shot, he'll probably jump the line. Lord only knows what will happen if Conor takes out Diaz early (or at all) and decides he wants the 170 belt first. For right or wrong, all three of these scenarios can and/or probably will push back Woodley. In my little perfect world, Woodley and Wonderboy would be going at it for the number one spot as a co-main to a Lawler/Condit II.

Joe Rogan said on his podcast he recorded a promo for McDonald vs Wonnderboy. That fight makes no sense Wonderboy just beat the guy that beat Lawler why would he not get the title shot?
Dana made it clear that he was going to give Robbie the right amount of time to recover. Last time they tried to rush-book him back and it blew up in their faces. Dana himself acknowledged that Robbie's been in back to back wars, they're going to give him all the time he needs to fully recover.

In the mean time, a clear cut number 1 contender whether a rematch with Rory to reignite one of the best fights in the UFC, or a dream fight with Wonderboy in a striking delight.

All's good ts. No need to frown.

Back