• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are TUF Nubs still a thing?

Lmao if you started watching the UFC with TUF 1 you aren’t a fucking noob. You’ve been watching it for like half of MMA’s existence!

I watched before TUF because of Ken and Frank Shamrock but that ain’t long before TUF.

Fox noobs then Conor noobs.

It will be ESPN noobs soon

Definitely still a thing and definitely still noobs

Unless you were in the building at UFC 1 (like most of us on Sherdog) you are a noob

Deal

First event I watched was Randleman fighting for the title. RIP first account though because a certain mod loved GSP a bit much back in the day.

Considering that barely anyone watches the show it doesn't bring in many new fans.

OK....so you clearly haven't been watching long enough to know what a TUF noob is

Legit? Like watched it live? Probably close to zero. Plenty will lie about it though

I legit watched it live. Back in the days of cable descrambler boxes lol. November of my junior year.

Back in the day you could listen to a broadcast and watch it with scrambled image. I remember being 12 or so and watching Playboy like that just hopin to see a boob or a snatch lol.

Last edited:
OK....so you clearly haven't been watching long enough to know what a TUF noob is

I've been watching for over 15 years now. Been on this site for 9. No one watches that shit show anymore. Its numbers go down every single year and are so low it would have been cancelled years ago if not for its coveted 18-35 male demographic and extremely low budgetary requirements.

Hmmm

Fan Eras (UFC only)

Early UFC OGs- holy shit that Gracie guy!!! Human Cock Fighting
Zuffa Era- Getting legit
TUF Noob - Griffin/Bonner brought you here...you were hated at one point now you're legit if you watched all of Season One
PRIDE never Die Fan- UFC just bought their rival.... "Muh Pride Fiters will beat UFC cans..."
Brock Fans- holy shit this was a riot, you have PRIDE vs UFC vs WWE... made even better as many legends fell causing stupid MMA math, GOAT Sherdog Era...
Ronda Era- More mainstream, more women
WME/Connor Era- has this gained any fans...don't you wish for Zuffa now...

Back