Are these my only choices? 1) learn Spanish 2) get a degree 3) move to where Spanish is less common?

1. Learn Spanish
2. Go to Mexican night club
3. ?????????
4. PROFIT
i used to go to TJ and Rosarito all the time. i'd say some borderline egregious shit to girls in Spanish, if it worked i was good....if it didn't, i simply played stupid (i'm white) and pt at some guy and say he told me to say it...

too easy

edit: dropped many 'tienes culote' for example, aka you got a fatty

amazingly, it was quite succesful

Last edited:
Join the military man. You'll be amazed at how fast your life gets on track and you can release when ever you want.

for real tho, i had a BA in history, working at enterprise rac and retailing trees, not much going on mid 20s....

joined the Army, got lucky getting stationed in Germany, and did my time now i'm doing pretty good. Got my MBA on the GI Bill, starting second masters this month. got a Federal job, been promoted twice since....

at the very least, it can give you technical experience and pay for schooling (which can be vocational, not just university type)....

(I am NOT trying to start a conversation about race or immigration so please do not bring it up.)

I am a 21 year old black male living in Los Angeles and I have have been struggling to hold a job since I was 18 I have no car and only a couple hundred dollars of welfare.

I have been going from youth shelter to youth shelter,
low paying temp job to low paying temp job
low cost job training to low cost job training

for 4 years and I'm SICK OF IT!

All the money I try to save up ends up burning away.

It seems to me that the primary reason I cannot land a stable job that pays a living wage is because I don't speak Spanish which is almost mandatory for all jobs that do not require a college degree that pays at least $30k a year.

Would you guys agree that the only option for people like me is to either:
1. Learn Spanish
2. Obtain a degree
3. Move to a city where Spanish is less prevalent
4. Join the military?

5. become an mma fighter

just sayin but the degree and military option dont sound bad. you can do both.

(I am NOT trying to start a conversation about race or immigration so please do not bring it up.)

I am a 21 year old black male living in Los Angeles and I have have been struggling to hold a job since I was 18 I have no car and only a couple hundred dollars of welfare.

It seems to me that the primary reason I cannot land a stable job that pays a living wage is because I don't speak Spanish which is almost mandatory for all jobs that do not require a college degree that pays at least $30k a year.

1. Learn Spanish
2. Obtain a degree
4. Join the military?
Learn a trade, work your ass off. Be a fucking man.

1. Learn Spanish
2. Obtain a degree
4. Join the military?

LOTS of good advice in here. Wish you well. Military might be best option they pay for everything and if you are smart you can save up money and then they will pay for your school after the military and you can do school during the military as well.

But yeah wish you well man.

OP....

Can anyone claim you, meaning do your parents claim you as a dependent on their income taxes.

I'd imagine you're from a low-income household as you've stated you have lived in shelters/receiving welfare if you are with your parent. I would imagine you're eligible for a Pell Grant (education assistance that does NOT require you to pay it back) which can be utilized for 12 semesters (6 years) with the maximum currently at $5815.

You must fill out a FAFSA to determine eligibility and enroll in the selective services.

From a brief Google, I saw LA Community College was $46 per credit, so you'd more than cover your costs to obtain an Associates if you receive the maximum award via the Pell Grant. Any institution you do enroll into must accept the Pell grants however.

Further, ensure you are enrolling in an accredited institution and also, that you may transfer those credits towards a 4 year University.

I worked for a community college in LA. LA city community colleges are real good. They usually have an office dedicated for grants and student assistance.

Back