Are these gloves too small?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by DangerDan, Mar 25, 2008.

1. DangerDan

DangerDan Guest

Just got them today. They were on sale for $15 bucks at combatsports.com and I thought why not give them a shot? This is my first pair of mma gloves I've ever gotten so I really don't know what's good or not. My instructor wears a large and our hands are the same size so I thought I'd get a large sized glove but now I don't know if they're right or if I need to exchange them.
    I was going to ask my instructor tonight, but I forgot in all the excitement of going to class.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Foppa21

Foppa21 Black Belt

Look fine to me. But do they feel tight? They do look too tight however to wrap your hands first.

3. DangerDan

DangerDan Guest

Nah, not tight at all. Thanks.

4. mayhem203

mayhem203 Blue Belt

if they arent tight...they arent too small

5. gspin2k1

gspin2k1 Green Belt

They look fine, they look actually like a perfect fit (assuming they don't feel too tight). They may start to feel just right or even loose after they break in..so leave that up to you if you want to move to a size smaller. But then again if they are a bit loose..they'll be perfect when/if you wrap your hands under the gloves.
    ~G

6. MMAftfw**

MMAftfw** Banned Banned

Im thinking about getting those too, do they seem to fit small or something im trying to decide if i should go large or xl?

7. N O G

N O G Green Belt

ima take it you arnt going to wrap, it seems a bit snug. good fit without wrap tho

8. MRRYZER

MRRYZER Orange Belt

Do you guys recommend getting a size larger if you're gonna wrap?

9. vu

vu Purple Belt

If they're not cutting off your circulation and they're staying in place...you should be good...

10. CFMC04

CFMC04 Blue Belt

I have the opposite problem with the regular Hybrid gloves. I have the training gloves in Large and the middle knuckle of my fingers is not covered at all. I ordered a pair of Hybrids in XL. The length seems good but I have about a 1/2" of extra glove along the outside ridge of my hand. Wrapping doesn't really help much.

11. greghead

greghead White Belt

i think hybrids might have weird sizing. i just bought large and most of the glove is fine, but i also have extra glove on the outside. i think a smaller size would be too smal.