Are there any plans for a UFC event in China?

I'm not aware of any plans for any events outside U.S., except for Abu Dhabi, at the moment. That Till-Brunson card was supposed to be in London, and we see how that went.

I think international plans are difficult everywhere right now aside from Abu Dhabi (and even that is quite a process).

Pre-pandemic there was an opportunity idk about now tho.

They gonna bail out evergrande?

I like east Asian events because the crowd is more disciplined and don’t act like drunk man-children. It would also be cool to see MMA being popularized in a huge untapped market.

Originally there were plans for the UFC to visit China quarterly along with an Asian Contender Series and expanding the amount Asian fighters on the roster but those plans were derailed by COVID. However it does seem they are going ahead with expanding the Asian roster

the crowds are weird over there, they don't react the same way.

i remember hearing the story about the crowd in japan that was watching the original Star Wars for the first time (in the theater), and they were completely silent the whole time, like you could hear a pin drop, and all the westerners thought the movie was bombing until they learned that spectator silence over there is like the ultimate form of respect.

Nah. I'd way rather be around drunken man children crowd than communist vegetables crowd.

UFC is desperately trying to build up their Chinese fighters.

Most of them are terrible, they should just give the Leech favorable matchups. Weili too if she gets murdered by Rose again. These other dudes just can't cut it.

I don't think there'll be any more international events aside from Fight Island until 2023ish personally.

I like east Asian events because the crowd is more disciplined and don’t act like drunk man-children. It would also be cool to see MMA being popularized in a huge untapped market.
we just had 1 year of no crowd why would you want a crowd that sounds like no crowd

UFC is desperately trying to build up their Chinese fighters.

Most of them are terrible, they should just give the Leech favorable matchups. Weili too if she gets murdered by Rose again. These other dudes just can't cut it.

Song Yadong?
Su Mudareji?
Yan Xiaonan?

I think it’s a bit premature to immediately write off every fighter from China.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back