• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are there any hardcores that are impressed?

I was damn impressed. Granted, i'm a new hardcore, only in the last 2 years have I really gotten into MMA. But when i get into something, I really get into something.

So yeah, This was the first time in my memory that I had seen that sort of performance. Even Masvidals knee on Askren wasn't as impressive in my opinion.

(and this is coming from an Askren nuthugger).
giphy.gif

Not even a little impressed. But hardcore aren’t the ones they were trying to impress

So what did Conor earn by doing the same thing Gaejthe just did?

NOTHING

Go away casual, don't pretend you are hardcore here. No hardcore could be impressed with this shit. This is unacceptable.
Whats unacceptable? That the fight didn't go the way you wanted, boohoo, grow up and just appreciate the skill on display rather than being a salter hater/fanaboi. Nobody has ever finished Cowboy in under 1 minute in over 50 fights, how is that alone not impressive? Conor didn't even use his so called only weapon to get it done and uses knees, shoulders and headkicks to get it done. The headkick in particular was a beauty, faked going to the body as Conor knew that Cowboy would think Conor would be likely to target that weak liver which caused him to drop his guard and expose his head. I really can't understand how anyone who claims to be a fan of mma cannot appreciate that performance.

Last edited:
If you didn't think cowboy was going down in the first when this fight was first announced and all the lead up to it then I have a bridge to sell you

So what happened last night has been done multiple times already.

I see: Wrong weight class. Duplicated results. Handpicked opponent on losing streak.

God bless streaming. I’d never pay for this spectacle.
I see

1. Crazy but focused aggression
2. A great and powerful high kick
3. Amazing shoulder strikes
4. Aggressive ground and pound
5. One of the best fighters on earth (boohoo he lost to Khabib. Guess he's only the SECOND best LW. What a bum, right?)

I never got this idea that hardcores have to hate Conor. Why can't I be a fan of guys like Fedor, Big Nog, Maia, Saku AND a fan of Conor? I want my humble fighters and my cocky ones.

I was as impressed with Conor as I was with Gaethje when he KO'd Cerrone the fight before. Sets up a much more interesting test for Conor's next fight (Gaethje, Masvidal, etc.).

There are many levels of "impressed", but if you weren't impressed at all then you're not really a fan of fighting, your a fan of circle jerking into your chosen echo chamber online.

Ignore binary, dogmatic opinions of others, and suddenly there's a whole new world out there to enjoy.

Neither impressed nor unimpressed. Hugely disappointed is what I am. The UFC walks a thin line between legitimate sport and WWE circus. Over the years, when I see this kind of nonsense, it's always an incentive to pay more attention to other sports that have avoided becoming a moneymaking charade.

Not really, the way things played out were super suspicious. Either it was a fixed fight or the UFC accidentally made itself look like sports entertainment. Same shit is happening in hockey, football and basketball. It's not really rigged, but it kind of is.

These big corporations get their sticky little fingers into the game and destroy the founding spirit of the sport. Anyone paying attention would have had a fishy feeling before the start of the first round. Conor looked good but the UFC looked like an absolute joke last night.

People weren’t even impressed when he knocked out Aldo in 10 secs. What does that tell you....

I was damn impressed. Granted, i'm a new hardcore, only in the last 2 years have I really gotten into MMA. But when i get into something, I really get into something.

So yeah, This was the first time in my memory that I had seen that sort of performance. Even Masvidals knee on Askren wasn't as impressive in my opinion.

(and this is coming from an Askren nuthugger).
Masvidal's knee wasn't as impressive?

Lol gimme a break.

The Askren KO was one, if not the most impressive knockout in UFC history.

Whats unacceptable? That the fight didn't go the way you wanted, boohoo, grow up and just appreciate the skill on display rather than being a salter hater/fanaboi. Nobody has ever finished Cowboy in under 1 minute in over 50 fights, how is that alone not impressive? Conor didn't even use his so called only weapon to get it done and uses knees, shoulders and headkicks to get it done. The headkick in particular was a beauty, faked going to the body as Conor knew that Cowboy would think Conor would be likely to target that weak liver which caused him to drop his guard and expose his head. I really can't understand how anyone who claims to be a fan of mma cannot appreciate that performance.

Because Cerrone threw the fight... Cerrone admitted AND showed he wasn't going to use all his skills to fight Conor. So.... Conor beats a gate keeper that only is going to be half as good.

Because Cerrone threw the fight... Cerrone admitted AND showed he wasn't going to use all his skills to fight Conor. So.... Conor beats a gate keeper that only is going to be half as good.

You mean he didn't use his wrestling? Tbf Conor caught him with a knee a stunned him on the level change after he ducked under his punch, he couldn't have gotten the takedown even if that was his intention.

I am very impressed, and happy for Conor. Long layoff and he comes back to starch one of the toughest fighters to fight in the UFC.

Not a Conor fan, but anyone who didn't think what Conor did last night was impressive is lying to themselves.

You mean he didn't use his wrestling? Tbf Conor caught him with a knee a stunned him on the level change after he ducked under his punch, he couldn't have gotten the takedown even if that was his intention.

Bro that wasn't even a hard Knee.. I think it has been pointed out it wasn't even his knee that hit him... And actually watch that clip Donald goes for the take down then changes hand position so he didn't take him down.. No conspiracy of he threw it for money, he just said he wasn't going to take him down.. They made that cowbitch agreement and he didn't use it. Go watch how he had McGregor in a take down and changed his hands so he couldn't take him down.

Not impressed, handpicked his opponent to shine, as a big fan of Cowboy, he's 15 fights past his prime, chin got cracked in his last fight and retirement is knocking at the door. Why would anybody be impressed by Conor's performance? Wasn't he a two time champion? Is Cowboy that dangerous a fighter? No I'm sorry. If he did that against Gaethje, a young, fearless, highly dangerous fighter, surfing a 3 fight win streak, that would have been an impressive feat.

Back