• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are There Any Exciting Fights Left for Jon Jones at LHW?

Which of the following opponents are you dying to see Jones fight?

• Total voters
There's only one star left (Shogun), but I don't see him earning a shot, and I'm not interested in him fighting Jones.

Not really. Reyes I guess but I’d really like to see him fight at HW

He needs to move up and fight fat DC, it's the only fight worth a shit.

Only potentially good fights that might be competitive for Jones at LHW is Romero and Rockhold if they go up and compete at the weight class

Reyes is a beast, but still needs some time to develop his skills.

There isn't one person right now I care to see Jones fight at LHW. We all know what fight makes the most sense for Jones. It's against DC at HW. Don't know if he'll take it though. Hope he does. DC filled with Popeyes and cake has serious power.

well whoever you pick it isn't a lucrative fight. I would like to see him with someone like Ngannou or Stipe or even JDS but I don't expect him moving up at HW.

Maybe Johnny Walker in 2 years if he continues to develop. Corey Anderson will never beat a top 3 guy in that division before he retires. Grinder with a good work ethic but he just doesn't have the skills. He will never be there. That top 15 list is depressing because almost all those guys have either topped out or are on the decline. Reyes is the only one young enough, and still showing improvement to have any impact.

Only Reyes really and he needs at least another couple fights before he's ready for that level.

Reyes but not yet. Book him vs Smith for number #1 contender
No one else, unfortunately...including the middleweights moving up.

No... but Thiago would be fun for 2 minutes or so, sub Jon.

Nope. Time for HW. If he doesn't go up it will hurt his GOAT status.

are there any exciting fights left at LHW, period?

are there any exciting fights left at LHW, period?

I think LHW actually looks deeper and better than HW right now. It's just been considered weak for so long because Jones and DC have been so dominant. Gus never fought enough other guys and his biggest claim to fame were his close losses.

At LHW you currently have Reyes, Santos, Smith, Rockhold moving up, Gus still, Shogun still, Blachowitz, Anderson, Volkan, Cirkunov, the up and coming Johnny Walker if he can look good against a top 10 fighter. Still dangerous guys like Minuwa. Without Jones and DC making those guys look ordinary, that's probably better and deeper than all the old and fat guys at HW who keep putting on performances like Arlovski and Harris did last night.

Put any of those guys at LHW together and you can get fights like Santos vs Minuwa or Smith vs Volkan. Or even Shogun vs Pedro. Those are 3 of the best fights we saw all year.

just warm bodies at this point. would rather see him go up to HW. cormier and rumble are intriguing fights but would have to happen at HW. rockhold would make for a good storyline but he hasn't even had a fight in the division yet.

if jones is insistent on staying at LHW and cormier isn't coming down, then I guess anthony smith would make sense to be next even though he poses little challenge. reyes could be a future challenge as well

Back