Are MMA Journalists that ignorant about UFC PPV buys and BAD RATINGS?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I been listening to quite a few journalists and MMA analysts over the decreasing viewership for UFC events and low PPV buys. I get quite a few have credentials to actually get into the events and see them in person so they dont need to buy a PPV or tune into a UFC on FOX. Then we have guys I do respect such as Luke Thomas, Ariel Helwani, Chael Sonnen, Joe Rogan AND even the ever so annoying so called "MMA expert" Brendan Schaub (who I tolerate but cant stand the ego) who ALL constantly talk about the same big mystery is to WHY the numbers/buy rates are so low. Not once do I hear about the fact many fans know how to actually use the internet ....and know many sites that stream HD UFC PPV at no cost.

I get the fact we have a saturated MMA market with SO many UFC/BELLATOR etc. cards to view on TV not including Dana Whites Contender series and TUF. It definately plays a factor in the drop on viewership and poor PPV buyrate due to the unlimited content.

MY POINT is do they ever consider the fact that MANY fans have discovered something called illegal streaming? I will be the first to admit I make good money and can afford a UFC PPV when the card is stacked. However when the cards are mediocre with 1 or 2 good fights I will stream it for free.

You probably stream all the events lol

Hes been in the business for years and is the reason we have sites such as Bloody Elbow, MMANATION and MMAFIGHTING.
His breakdowns are not that bad at all either.

He now does the MMA HOUR and has his own radio show on SIRIUS so I have to respect a guy whos done enough to make it where he is.

Still, ___________ conned ___________

You probably stream all the events lol
Nope. Not all. The one this past weekend I did stream, the last one I paid for was ROSE vs JOANNA 2. It depends Im not going to pay 70$ to watch Cyborg vs KUNITSKAYA....smh

Funny, I used to stream events a decade ago, and now typically pay.

MMA being available online is part of what kept it alive during the "dark ages" and also how a lot of people discovered the sport.
It's been possible to get the events hours after it aired in excellent quality for a very long time... or so I've been told. Even before streaming was a thing.
People were making threads just like this one in 2004. I doubt it's suddenly correct now.

Its not they dont know about it, but even just talking about it might clue someone who doesn't know about streaming that its a thing they could do, hence costing the UFC another customer and at the end of the day most of these guys wanna protect the business and telling a fan that they can stream could hurt the bottom line of the ufc which doesn't help protect the business despite what some fans might think

Fuck streaming. If I wanted a low quality, unreliable stream riddled with adds I'd travel back in time to '06 and order a ppv off ufc.tv

Back