Are Masato, Souwer, Buakaw, and Kraus K-1's equivalent of the four kings?

ironfist05

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Boxing had it's four kings: Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, and Roberto Duran

4k.jpg

Are Masato, Andy Souwer, Albert Kraus, and Buakaw K-1's equivalent of the legendary four kings?

Masato.jpg

Albert_Kraus_1.jpg

Muay-Thai-Fighter-Buakaw-Por-Pramuk-2.jpg

SOUWER-Andy_2_4.jpg

i guess does that make petro cammacho?

I like it.

I guess Masato is Leonard. The pretty, Golden boy everyone(atleast Japanese fans) loved the most.

I like it.

I guess Masato is Leonard. The pretty, Golden boy everyone(atleast Japanese fans) loved the most.

then buakaw would be duran
if you want to go on one win over masato and then losing the rematch.

i have a hard time placing hagler or hearns as souwer or kraus though

then buakaw would be duran
if you want to go on one win over masato and then losing the rematch.

i have a hard time placing hagler or hearns as souwer or kraus though

I could see Buakaw as Hagler, kind of the force of nature in the division that nobody wants to fight

Kraus can be Duran, initially very competitive with the others, but already slipping by the time that they come into their owns

I guess that leaves Souwer as Hearns

and then there I can't think of the equivalents of guys like Donald Curry, Benitez, and Aaron Pryor (perhaps Pryor is one of the Thai boxers who wants to fight the best of K-1 but K-1 won't sign him)

What about the K-1 Heavies Golden Era??

Hoost - Aerts - Hug

This was before Semmy came in and ruined it

I could see Buakaw as Hagler, kind of the force of nature in the division that nobody wants to fight
i agree that is better then buakaw as duran

Kraus can be Duran, initially very competitive with the others, but already slipping by the time that they come into their owns

I guess that leaves Souwer as Hearns
i really cant see souwer as hearns though

and then there I can't think of the equivalents of guys like Donald Curry, Benitez, and Aaron Pryor (perhaps Pryor is one of the Thai boxers who wants to fight the best of K-1 but K-1 won't sign him)

you could make kohi as benetiez , and parr as pryor or curry, maybe make yoddy pryor

What about the K-1 Heavies Golden Era??

Hoost - Aerts - Hug

This was before Semmy came in and ruined it

Ali-Frazier-Foreman?

Maybe Holyfield-Bowe-Tyson with Schilt as Lennox Lewis

Seems so long ago already those great K-1 Max events!

well they fought in an awesome era for k1 max

the heavies at k1 were becoming a bit of a freak show/schilt dominance and k1-max had awesome wars....high calibre stuff

but, imo

Souwer, Buakaw, Petro are the most accomplished fighters in k1 max history.

Petro just entered very late, so I can see why the 4 fighters in the OP being the 4 of a golden era

very fan friendly as well......Petro has never been able to get the love that those 4 fighters got

Back