Are eye pokes possible with toes?

Gazwald

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Either with a raking motion across the eyes or a toe thrust with a front kick? Has a fighter ever claimed he got injured by this? Has a ref ever called timeout?

Did you really woke up this morning with this question on your mind?

Not sure but if you switch to a metal Thai cup you might be able to work in a jumping knee to the midsection + cup to the forehead combo when they double over. Would require a lot of hip thrust but it's doable.

Did you really woke up this morning with this question on your mind?

It was a pretty vivid dream I had actually. I don't remember who was fighting but I was watching the UFC and Big John kept stopping the fight because one's fighter's toes kept going in his opponent's eyes. Rogan was going ape shit saying he was doing it on purpose and BJM should deduct a point.

Mike Winkeljohn lost an eye to a toe.
It's possible I suppose, but literally no one but Wonderboy/Scoggins has the footspeed and dexterity to maybe possibly land a "toepoke".

Not sure but if you switch to a metal Thai cup you might be able to work in a jumping knee to the midsection + cup to the forehead combo when they double over. Would require a lot of hip thrust but it's doable.

Hip thrusts to the face from top position could possibly hurt too. Possibly the best option if you'd broke both your hands.

Mike Winklejohn lost an eye to a toenail

/Thread

Either with a raking motion across the eyes or a toe thrust with a front kick? Has a fighter ever claimed he got injured by this? Has a ref ever called timeout?

Idk, but great fucking question. I've never thought of that before.

isnt that the way gerard gordeau blinded yuki nakai for the night in a vale tudo event? cause his toe nails went into his eyes and because they were dirty it caused an infection? i cant remember.

images

winklejon from gregjacksons and winklejon gym got his eye sliced by a toe nail in traning. lost his sight if im not mistaken

I didn't know that about Winklejon. Seems like an extremely rare occurence.

I once poked a girl's eye with my massive meat stick.

Not directly to the eye, but a stoppage via cut caused by toe nail + high kick.

I had a dream that i ate Cuban food with masvidal and Yoel Romero in Miami.

Hip thrusts to the face from top position could possibly hurt too. Possibly the best option if you'd broke both your hands.
Actually now that I think about...screw the knee. Just concentrate on jumping metal Thai cup thrusts to the face. Combine it with the Thai Plum clinch and it's money. Course you'd have to have some hops unless you're going to pull the head down to meet the rising cup.

Excellent question.

Traditional Karateka - arguably the most accomplished fighters in the history of the universe - practice toe strikes all the time. :D

Tsumasaki Geri:

Back