Are crossroads real?

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Hey everyone just wanted to throw up a video from my last gym session and pose a question..

Are crosswords real in life? Or do things happen when there supposed to?

I finally feel like im getting back into fighting shape but if im honest other aspects of my life arent going great ..i own a tiny renovation company and things are slow right now and i cant say my focus is strongest there right now because ever since i was teenager ive always wanted to do something with Martial Arts for work, whether its fighting..coaching..coaching and Fighting...training and promotion running..something... But i never made that leap yet .. i had kids when i was young at 25 , and i felt like i had to do something else for work , ( you know it was the right thing to do sorta thing).. but i find myself debating my place and next moves in this thing called life...am i at crossroads ? Or am i just approaching a point in my life when its time to go for it .. or do i need to just let things be and move on ...

Do any of you have an experience similar to this? What was the outcome.?

https://youtube.com/shorts/RyU0qvZH3tE?si=aMDZXDC2r32_uBIP

As always thanks for checking in
images (6).jpeg

@BoxerMaurits one Step closer to being you AHAHAHA

Last edited:
Sometimes we are left with decisions to make. We do have a degree of control over ourselves, not everything is left up to chance. I read that, and I'd say that, if you're left with a decision to make, you'll make the right one for yourself. I can kinda deduce that, bc you're all, "I had kids young, I was 25," and I'm sitting here like, "Young? That's a reasonable age and I knew dudes who had 4 different baby's mamas by the time they were 19." The course you took thereafter was the right decision to make at the time, now you have a new one. Do what you need to do, bud. Hopefully it's knocking fools out.

Sometimes we are left with decisions to make. We do have a degree of control over ourselves, not everything is left up to chance. I read that, and I'd say that, if you're left with a decision to make, you'll make the right one for yourself. I can kinda deduce that, bc you're all, "I had kids young, I was 25," and I'm sitting here like, "Young? That's a reasonable age and I knew dudes who had 4 different baby's mamas by the time they were 19." The course you took thereafter was the right decision to make at the time, now you have a new one. Do what you need to do, bud. Hopefully it's knocking fools out.

Hespetch man, its true not matter what your story is someone else has a different or harder one ...i guess in the end how we react is more important then what it is ...

Thanks for the post man whatever i do, the Sherdog will know thats for sure y'all coming along with me !

Lol I remember recently seeing a skit video basically making fun of how the age of 28 is considered very young in today's society for a man to be "settled down" compared to our forefathers going back. The further back into the past the more mature the 28 year old was.

Anyway I don't think he means young in age per se, just young as in he wasn't where he wanted to be in life as far as his personal development and career goals were concerned.

Last edited:
Lol I remember recently seeing a skit video basically making fun of how the age of 28 is considered very young in today's society for a man to be "settled down" compared to our forefathers going back. The further back into the past the more mature the 28 year old was.

Anyway I don't think he means young in age per se, just young as in he wasn't where he wanted to be in life as far as his personal development career goals were concerned.

Very perceptive as always Goshi...i guess i should of said early in life lol maybe ill edit but yes you are accurate in your assessment

They're very real brother!

f87a8023f03a8f184905ab464cd22841.gif

We are always at a potential crossroads in life, we just don't know it until we are past it. I had kids late in life...there is no right or wrong way to do it. Any move you make towards self-improvement and improvements for your family will be rewarded in perhaps small, but possibly big ways. Keep striving. Always train physically and mentally.

We are always at a potential crossroads in life, we just don't know it until we are past it. I had kids late in life...there is no right or wrong way to do it. Any move you make towards self-improvement and improvements for your family will be rewarded in perhaps small, but possibly big ways. Keep striving. Always train physically and mentally.

This is deep....i will think on this i appreciate it

I think the always being at potential crossroads was a good way of putting it!

I don’t think anyone here can tell you to do this or do that, but if it makes sense to you and you can take that chance.. If you can explore that option now.. Go for it. If it doesn’t work out, at least you tried and then know better. Don’t - and you probably keep wondering if you should’ve but passed that intersection already.

Or something. I don’t know, I’m barely aware of what I’m doing and where I’m going.

<Fedor23>

Just got off one TS.

Options were staying put, with my confortable company job and routine or move to a different city and try to start something new because I never liked the office/corporate job. Just last weekend close on a house on that new city and am going for it. Wife, kids and all.

So, in short:

upload_2023-11-1_15-30-2.png

As a fighter-hobbyist I will say that you should try to define what you really want out of fighting and why you would do it. It may be too late to have UFC aspirations or whatever but it may be extremely reasonable to pursue some amateur fights and see if that leads to pro fights. If you want to become a coach or involved in gym stuff then I think just being a good person in your team and training hard will open opportunities.

Back