Are Cockroaches really that hard to get rid of?

The problem with apartments is everyone has to do it or they just repopulate. Its not that hard to get rid of them temporarily, but they always come back.

yeah, we lived in an apartment (duplex) with twice yearly fumigation paid by the landlord. But treatment depended on us asking him to send them out. problem was the neighbors never got their shit together and didn't follow suit, so treatment wasn't as effective as it should have been. when another set of neighbors were on board, twice yearly treatment worked really well.

and no, the place wasn't a shit hole, but it was an old building in the south where palmettos (euphemism for cockroaches) are commonplace.

I had the same problem when I lived in an apartment. We'd get treated every 6 months or so but the people above and below us refused treatment so they always came back like clockwork.

The small ones are insanely hard to get rid of. I basically just moved out of any apartment that had them. Even then I noticed with some complexes it's the building your in. So in the apartment complex I'm in now only one of the buildings was real bad. The others I barely ever see them.

61244173.jpg

roaches are the future. they will outlive humanity.

My buddy moved into an apartment a couple years ago and got roaches from one of the other tenants. I laughed at 22k's post because his next door neighbours are asian and always cooking funky smelling foods too, probably got em from them.

Anyway, he complained to the front office or whatever and they cleaned all the apartments and stuff. He said he hasn't seen one in a few months now, and he keeps all his shit in those big ol rubbermaid totes now it's pretty funny. Like anything other than stuff that needs to be refrigerated is in totes.

I've never even seen a roach in my life before or knew you could get them here before it happened to him.

any1 else surprised @ doughbellys knowledge of roaches?

Throw garbage everywhere around your apartment. Eventually the roaches will get disgusted and leave.

In Hong Kong my two daughters and I were just chilling on the couch when out of nowhere a cockroach the size of small bird strolls in with white powder all over it. I slammed a book on it.

Also the small German ones greeted me every morning on my plates in the kitchen. Friendly bunch.

Expensive, but stinky as fuck b/c it's dried and slightly fermented. Gives a whole new meaning to stinky fish smell but probably top 3 for grilled fish to accompany rice IMO.

This right here is about $75-125 worth of fish:

haha dude I know all about this, unfortunately. my mom LOVES this shit, & says it's not just a Korean delicacy, but an Asian/South East Asian delicacy too.

the fucking smell man, mother of God.......

haha dude I know all about this, unfortunately. my mom LOVES this shit, & says it's not just a Korean delicacy, but an Asian/South East Asian delicacy too.

the fucking smell man, mother of God.......

Funny thing is that the "Chinese" and the "Korean" fish are fished out of the same fishery, but the Korean fish cost 3-4x more.

Yeah, everyone in my family only makes that stuff on the outside stove or grill and/or have a specially reserved fish griller for that shit because it'll stink up the house for days.

Personally, I prefer grilled or pan friend mackerel to accompany rice most of the time, not that I eat much rice.

MF7282.JPG

saba123.JPG

It's the ants that are killin' me. There is no way to get rid of fucking ants, goddam queens livin' all protected and shit.

Down here in the South, they can be a problem. But if you get a GOOD exterminator, you'll forget you even had them. Don't just do it once.. Keep that person on retainer like a lawyer. Make sure they keep coming back for regular re-sprays and treatments.

In GA we can buy Bifin concentrate at the local DIY pest control store. 2oz per gallon and you have a clear spray that is used in restaurants and stuff and you will never see another roach or bug. Much, much cheaper than a service.

Dam, that looks like some old school Creepshow. Props to the poster who dropped that post.

We need a nuclear bomb going off, and then a cockroach doing a deal w/ it alive walk afterwards.

Back