Arantes vs Jabouin: more proof athleticism isn't everything?

Yup, Jabouin was exciting but chose the Tristall path and paid for it.

Well.. Of course not. Skill is also important. It does help to naturally athletic if your a professional athlete lol. Many of sports greatest athletes displayed a great deal of skill combined with god given athletic ability.

We're getting to the point in the sport now when you have to have both to be elite. A decade ago, a guy could become an elite fighter by being a great athlete with decent skills or by being a great technician with decent athleticism. Those days are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

I don't know anyone who says athleticism is everything haha. But Jabouin's athleticism was helping him dominate the fight until he got caught in the submission.

Better example is Jaboiun getting dominated by Dustin freaking Page and what should have been a 30-27 unanimous decision loss. Jabouin did look suprisingly good against Arantes.

''Discuss''
''More proof that no everything is about athleticism''
....in a sport forum...
...about a sport that is much more about skill than it is about athleticism.

Yes, i deserve to be shot for opening this thread, and to burn in hell for replying.

''Discuss''
''More proof that no everything is about athleticism''
....in a sport forum...
...about a sport that is much more about skill than it is about athleticism.

Yes, i deserve to be shot for opening this thread, and to burn in hell for replying.

Read threads with "A level athlete" in the title and you'll understand why I made this thread :p

Last edited:
Jabouin has eleven losses. He doesn't prove anything other than not being very good.

Kwame brown can jump around better than Tim Duncan.. Who is better at basketball? Technique, experience, and IQ is important in all sports.. As is athleticism.

Jabouin was owning him til the armbar.

Arantes is decent, and nothing more.

Back