Height: 5'8"
Weight: 181.6
BMR: 2501 calories
Addictions: Fast food, cigarettes (1 pack/day), red bull (3-5/day), soda

Goals:
- Weight: 150 lbs.
- Better cardiovascular health
- Less fat, more lean
- Kick the addictions (no fast food, no cigarettes, no red bull)

Game Plan:
- Continue to study and learn more about nutrition & weight loss
- Consume 2000 - 2200 calories per day to start
- Cut out the regular soda; replace with Coke Zero (I know... it's a start)
- Cut down to 1-2 red bulls a day at first (Pathetic? maybe... I'm rather addicted though!)
- Order lots of Swedish Snus; stop smoking the cigs and start getting my nicotine elsewhere
- Increase cardio workouts (bike riding, circuits, running)
- Start lifting program
- Update Sherdog log frequently, recording daily calorie intake, exercise, weight, etc.

I know I'm replacing a lot of bad things (soda, energy drinks, cigarettes) with what might be lesser evils (diet soda, smokeless tobacco). I'm just trying to be realistic. I have zero confidence that I can wake up tomorrow and not smoke or get my fix of caffeine/sugar. The Snus will definitely allow my lungs to start the healing process. The Coke Zero... well, at least it has zero calories!

I was athletic throughout my childhood and middle-school years (wrestling/basketball). About two and half years ago I was doing circuits alongside a heavy squat/deadlift/bench routine and weighed 147 lbs. Since meeting my girlfriend I've put on a ton of weight (peaked around 194 lbs!). If I can kick the cigs and get back in shape I would love to take advantage of a local Judo or BJJ school.

I have free weights at home, a road bike, some sort of old step machine, and I'll add a few kettlebells soon. I'm not sure I'll be able to do heavy squats without a rack, but I will read up and develop a lifting plan that will help me lose weight and increase muscle/strength.

I take a multivitamin and fish oil daily.

My projected caloric intake for Friday, July 2nd is:

- Scrambled eggs (2) - 200 cal
- Wheat toast (1) - 70 cal
- Skim Milk (16 oz) - 160 cal
- Chicken breast (2 pc.) - 340 cal
- Black beans (1/2 cup) - 200 cal
- Brown Rice (1 cup) - 640 cal
- Mixed Vegetables (2/3 cup) - 60 cal
- Red bull (2) - 220 cal

Total: 1890 calories

I'll add another hundred - two hundred calories. Maybe some fruit... I've already prepared the rice, chicken, veggies, & beans for lunch & dinner tomorrow.

Comments, criticisms, & suggestions are encouraged.

Thanks. :)

well... I'm going to try to follow the Seven Habits starting today. Therefore, I ditched the milk and replaced it with green tea. Lets see if I can make it through the day Redbull-free without killing someone.

07-02-10

Chicken breast (2pc) - 340 cal
Black beans (1/2 cup) - 200 cal
Brown rice (1 cup) - 640 cal
Mixed vegetables (2/3 cup) - 60 cal
Scrambled eggs (2) - 200 cal
Wheat toast (1) - 70 cal
Grilled fish (1) - 100 cal
Red bull (3) - 330 cal
Coke Zero (3)
Green Tea (1)

Total Calories: 1940
Total deficit: 561

07-03-10

Banana (1) - 110 cal
Scrambled eggs w/tomato slice (2) - 200 cal
Wheat toast (1) - 70 cal
Black beans (1/4 cup) - 100 cal
Grilled fish (1) - 100 cal
Mini carrots (3/4 cup) - 35 cal
Handful of blackberries & rasberries
Baby spinach (2 cup) - 20 cal
Dill dip - 20 cal
Mixed nuts (1/4 cup) - 170 cal
Whole wheat pasta w/ chicken & cheese - 565 cal
Red bull (3) - 330 cal
Coke zero (2)

Total Calories: 1720
Total Deficit: 781

Last edited:
07-04-10

Scrambled eggs w/onion/tomato/cheese (5) - 600 cal
Wheat Toast (1) - 70 cal
Banana (2) - 220 cal
Cod fish/noodles/pasta sauce/cheese - 550 cal
Mixed nuts - 200 cal
Red Bull (3) - 330 cal

Total Calories: 1970
Total Deficit: 531

Calorie count was rather rough today, but should be close.

Your food looks pretty good. Maybe some more vegetables. For me I try to eat at least 2 c of vegetables just with supper.

Also, have you tried switching to a sugar free red bull. You still get the caffeine but only 13 calories per serving. It might be a taste thing. I also highly suggest Monster Lo-Carb. For me it tastes like a sweet tart.

Precision Nutrition is worth the cost if you can afford it. It's nice to have it all in a binder for easy reference. Sure, all the information is on the net but I find it very convenient to have together.

How are you keeping track of your calories? Are you using something like FitDay or DailyBurn?

You had a question about why it takes so long to post but I don't see that anymore. I believe it's because of your post count. Once you contribute a little more in the forums it will stop.

Keep up the good work.

I think once you can wean yourself off of redbulls and drink only water you will find it easier to diet. The 300 or 200 calories you are taking in from liquids could instead be extra calories from food, which I know I love having.

How are you keeping track of your calories? Are you using something like FitDay or DailyBurn?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the suggestions & support. Right now I'm just using the nutritional information provided, and using Fitday as well.

I think once you can wean yourself off of redbulls and drink only water you will find it easier to diet. The 300 or 200 calories you are taking in from liquids could instead be extra calories from food, which I know I love having.

Agreed. I think I should drop weight just based on the calorie deficit + exercise. I've been addicted to sugary drinks for a long, long time. I'm confident that I'll cut out the red bulls entirely soon enough.

07-05-10

Banana (1) - 110 cal
Fresco crunchy taco (1) - 150 cal
Fresco grilled steak soft taco (1) - 160 cal
Crunchy taco supreme (1) - 200 cal
Lean pocket (1) - 290 cal
Handful of deli chicken meat - 100 or so cal
Red bull (2) - 220 cal

Fail...

I didn't wake up until 4pm, and then spent the day with my girlfriend. I was too lazy to prepare good foods and just ate a bunch of shit. There will definitely be days in the near future where I compromise my diet and eat something not so good. I'm still working on fitting food preparation into my life... not to mention resisting the cravings for quick, cheap, tasty foods. I should be back on the ball tomorrow. :)

Total Calories: 1230
Total deficit: 1271

The deficit is kind of strange because my sleeping patterns are irregular. I'm counting what I consumed between first waking up and going to bed for the night. It was a short "day".

Back