• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the stupid people on Earth don’t make a big deal about the characters name (Black Manta) in relation to the skin color of the actor.

A885_E953_BA26_4_F9_F_A611_F096170198_CA.jpg

This scene looks cool in terms of lighting and DOP job.

James Wan is legit

He hasn't made a terrible movie yet

If WB let him just do his shit I'm sure the movie will be enjoyable

James Wan is legit

He hasn't made a terrible movie yet

If WB let him just do his shit I'm sure the movie will be enjoyable

Eh, movie will be probably be generic and enjoyable for what it is, and to be fair I think thats what warner bros aims n.e way, even if its just randomness

That Manta lid isn't going to cut it. He's one of my favorite villain designs of all time (FVDOAT), that better be Manta's version of Spider-Man's pajama costume.

Not much is yet known about the character in the film, and that’s exactly how director James Wan wants it. “He’s part mercenary but full-time pirate who in his suit will look like some crazy alien from outer space,” Wan teases.

Yet Manta is not the main antagonist in the film. That honor goes to King Orm (Patrick Wilson), Aquaman’s (Jason Momoa) ambitious half-brother who governs Atlantis. “Black Manta is a really interesting character who is somehow factored into this story but our main story is about Jason and Patrick,” Wan says.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/06/14/aquaman-black-manta/

So basically, shoehorning several characters but publicly admitting the movie is not about them per se. Nice. Those worked out great the last few times. I like my studios to have consistency.

giphy.gif

I like how the only people who post in DC threads now are the people who hate the DC movies

Who are those mythical being that truly enjoy DC movies?

giphy.gif

#ThisTimeItWillBeDifferent

Jokes aside, I think Aquaman has what it takes to repeat the WW "success". But then again, I've been known to be wrong in the past so I guess we'll see...

I totally agree with Lobo

Right after Conan came out, he was my main pick for Lobo as well.

Can't be any worse than the lame Disney marvel movies. At least no corny jokes or actors who actually believe their the characters they play in marvel movies..

It appears you haven't watched Justice league. Aquaman in JL was just that, corny jokes in a lame attempt to copy MCU success.

We have yet to see a trailer. Mamoa is great as aquaman but I have this feeling that the film is being kept a secret because it may not be so great.

Ill have to wait till I see the trailer, but something seems fishy.

Expectations are not very high but they may well be surpassed. I actually have high hopes for Dolph.

If you read the comics, he always had bitches lying around his place. Aquaman is a smooth dude.

But seriously, the movie's not gonna be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back