*Aqua Punching Bag Thread*

I have seen on Connor Benns instagram stories him using what looks like a long aqua bag but it could just be a long bouy any ideas what it is anyone? Can see to find a picture of it

I have seen on Connor Benns instagram stories him using what looks like a long aqua bag but it could just be a long bouy any ideas what it is anyone? Can see to find a picture of it

Could be the Everlast "aqua bag"

Hmm doesn’t look like that similar but bigger

I can confirm the poly form bags work just as well as the tuff end buoys.

The big advantage is they appear to be both cheaper and have 7 color options (as opposed to just orange and white)

Attached a pic of my newest one hanging. ZERO reason to overspend on a “brand name” aqua bag.

Attachments

• 9525FB82-0600-4BA0-8F39-AEF7C3AA4863.jpeg
    9525FB82-0600-4BA0-8F39-AEF7C3AA4863.jpeg
    821.4 KB · Views: 35
Are the fill valves the same? If not can you explain the difference. I have a 15” Aquapunch and a 12” Tuff end buoy at home. Wanting to get a couple for the gym. TIA
~ Mike

Valve is similar if not identical, but the placement is different.

On the polyform bags, the valve is located in the upper, harder rubber area of the buoy where the bag is hung from. I haven’t noticed any advantages or disadvantages to the placement of the valve.

To fill mine, I bought a very cheap water balloon set on amazon that case with some hose nozzles.

I recently installed my own Polyform A-4 buoy as a water bag. The bag cost $99 Australian.

I am absolutely in love with it, the best bag for boxing I've ever owned. The first bag I've ever been truly able to punch 100% speed and power without some sort of problem (excess movement, noise, top too soft bottom too hard etc, all the usual heavy bag problems)

Like any bag, it has some pros and cons but overall for around the $150 mark (including the buoy, spring, big d-ring to fit it etc) it's perfect for power punching at home or in a gym.

A couple of tips for anyone thinking of buying one (this goes for the 21 inch 190lb big bag)

- Make sure you have a heavy duty frame to support it, it's very very heavy relative to its size (one of it's great benefits)
- Hang it first before you fill it! Or be prepared to require 2-3 people to lift it
- Use an air compressor if possible to fill it with air first and stretch it to fulll size (what I did), if you just try and fill it with water the bag is very strong and water pressure alone won't stretch it out, and you'll end up with water going everywhere before it's even 10% full (my bag came collapsed in upon itself like a half moon crescent shape, they are designed for air not water after all)
- Add water a bit at a time in between deflating the bag a bit at a time so the bag keeps its shape as you fill it
- Fill the bag to about 75-80% capacity for best comfort (less if you're not a power puncher). At 80% full with wrinkles visible in the bag (meaning it isn't full of air too) you will get the best training effect IMO
- If you fill it to 100% with any combination of water OR air it will be VERY firm and your punches will rebound off it (not good IMO) GGG uses a small head hunter bag which is full of air/water (no wrinkles) but with a bigger 21 inch 190lb size bag I don't think its a good idea (I have seen Canelo hitting a bag like mine as well as fully inflated too though)
- Air the bag out for a few days initially, my buoy had a fairly strong chemical smell for a few days after unwrapping it

I recently installed my own Polyform A-4 buoy as a water bag. The bag cost $99 Australian.

I am absolutely in love with it, the best bag for boxing I've ever owned. The first bag I've ever been truly able to punch 100% speed and power without some sort of problem (excess movement, noise, top too soft bottom too hard etc, all the usual heavy bag problems)

Like any bag, it has some pros and cons but overall for around the $150 mark (including the buoy, spring, big d-ring to fit it etc) it's perfect for power punching at home or in a gym.

A couple of tips for anyone thinking of buying one (this goes for the 21 inch 190lb big bag)

- Make sure you have a heavy duty frame to support it, it's very very heavy relative to its size (one of it's great benefits)
- Hang it first before you fill it! Or be prepared to require 2-3 people to lift it
- Use an air compressor if possible to fill it with air first and stretch it to fulll size (what I did), if you just try and fill it with water the bag is very strong and water pressure alone won't stretch it out, and you'll end up with water going everywhere before it's even 10% full (my bag came collapsed in upon itself like a half moon crescent shape, they are designed for air not water after all)
- Add water a bit at a time in between deflating the bag a bit at a time so the bag keeps its shape as you fill it
- Fill the bag to about 75-80% capacity for best comfort (less if you're not a power puncher). At 80% full with wrinkles visible in the bag (meaning it isn't full of air too) you will get the best training effect IMO
- If you fill it to 100% with any combination of water OR air it will be VERY firm and your punches will rebound off it (not good IMO) GGG uses a small head hunter bag which is full of air/water (no wrinkles) but with a bigger 21 inch 190lb size bag I don't think its a good idea (I have seen Canelo hitting a bag like mine as well as fully inflated too though)
- Air the bag out for a few days initially, my buoy had a fairly strong chemical smell for a few days after unwrapping it

Welcome back Blair !

I did pretty much the same thing as Blair. AquaBag is a marketing scam.

https://scepticalboxer.com/equipment/sorry-to-burst-your-aquabag-but/

Just to add to this thread. I recently picked up a polyform f7 buoy that is more in the shape of a traditional heavy bag and have been using it. It’s pretty large and probably weighs over 200lbs full but damn if it’s not nice to hit.

I had to hang it from my engine hoist but because the aqua bags don’t dance around like traditional heavy bags, she stays in place.

Got my Buoy on Craigslist for $40.
D9870BF2-858A-4C9E-8A59-B810730AEC83.jpeg

Last edited:
Just to add to this thread. I recently picked up a polyform f7 buoy that is more in the shape of a traditional heavy bag and have been using it. It’s pretty large and probably weighs over 200lbs full but damn if it’s not nice to hit.

I had to hang it from my engine hoist but because the aqua bags don’t dance around like traditional heavy bags, she stays in place.

Got my Buoy on Craigslist for $40.

Yeah, I have thought about that before, but never got around to trying one. It looks good. US$40 is good for a water bag.

Back