Appropriate wedding gift? (for acquaintance)

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
I normally have a standing policy of not going to a wedding unless I am close with the bride or groom, but I have recently been corralled into going to a wedding for a person I barely know. The bride and I have mutual friends that we are really close with, so we (the friends) are going together as a group.

I like the person - but have only met her a handful of times. What is a socially acceptable gift? I know the standard convention is to at least cover the cost of your plate, but I don't even know anything about the wedding. Plus, I didn't receive the couple's gift registry, so I don't even know what they need. I was thinking $300 in cash, but it seems kind of tacky.

Any suggestions?

$300 in cash?

Want to come to my wedding?

I normally have a standing policy of not going to a wedding unless I am close with the bride or groom, but I have recently been corralled into going to a wedding for a person I barely know. The bride and I have mutual friends that we are really close with, so we (the friends) are going together as a group.

I like the person - but have only met her a handful of times. What is a socially acceptable gift? I know the standard convention is to at least cover the cost of your plate, but I don't even know anything about the wedding. Plus, I didn't receive the couple's gift registry, so I don't even know what they need. I was thinking $300 in cash, but it seems kind of tacky.

Any suggestions?

I would try to find out the registry thru a family member or closer friend.
If not then a dildo.

The new Optimus Prime action figure with sword swinging action.

Rotf-optimusprime-toy-leader.jpg

When my friend got married they had a set of 6 nice dinner plates on their registry but they were listed individually for some reason and my other tightarse friend bought them just one plate :icon_lol:

Cheese platter kit

Chocolate fondue set

A really big toblerone bar

Ten dollar gift card at timmie's

Box of comdons

Cheese platter kit

Chocolate fondue set

A really big toblerone bar

Ten dollar gift card at timmie's

Box of comdons

Haha, this sounds like a Canadian Care package.

Thanks for the "suggestions" everyone. So far, dildo is the run away winner. While it would make a hilarious gag gift, I don't think I know her or the groom well enough to pull something like that off.

Consider the following

If you don't know these people and don't plan on having them at your wedding, how about getting them nothing? I'm trying to think of a downside, but I don't see it

When my friend got married they had a set of 6 nice dinner plates on their registry but they were listed individually for some reason and my other tightarse friend bought them just one plate :icon_lol:

Lost.

Your friend is a funny mofo.

Haha, this sounds like a Canadian Care package.

Thanks for the "suggestions" everyone. So far, dildo is the run away winner. While it would make a hilarious gag gift, I don't think I know her or the groom well enough to pull something like that off.

You can also get them signed UFC gloves by Cody McKenzie.

Back