Social Apparently, Lizzo played James Madison's flute and this is bad according to Ben Shapiro (et al)?

Large women aren't allowed to play old flutes, bud
Thus is a well established social norm and it's being obscenely trodden upon

Exactly. It has everything to do with her being black and overweight and nothing to do with her obnoxious and obscene behavior and music. We can only hope all young girls will grow up to behave with the class and dignity of Lizzo when they get older.

It was the twerking!!!!
<YeahOKJen>

Why doesn’t he just say why he is really bothered. when I first saw the video of her playing, I was in awe of the performance. I actually thought it was fake it was so good. I don’t know any of Lizzos other music, just that she won an award recently for it. The fact that people focus on her weight the whole time is indicative of a much bigger problem. But sure. It was the twerking. Which I didn’t see, as it must have been removed from the vid I watched.

Who did you post? Anyone as famous as her? I seriously doubt that.

Maybe they chose her to try and gain the interest of folks who normally wouldn't pay attention to this type of history or the library of congress. Some random flutist no one has ever heard of is not going to do shit for them.

Not random but real talent and well know if you know music.

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/169366763/

I think there is a better chance of her inspiring people to remain fat and unhealthy than take up the flute.

Sorry that looking at a fat person offends you so much. Maybe stay off the internet if you are so easily disgruntled. Most folks aren't as closed minded as you.

Exactly. It has everything to do with her being black and overweight and nothing to do with her obnoxious and obscene behavior and music. We can only hope all young girls will grow up to behave with the class and dignity of Lizzo when they get older.
"Better shape up, Sally, or they won't let you play Madison's crystal flute when you're all grown up!"

I saw that video. What I can’t figure out is whether she’s supposed to be funny when she’s twerking.

Is it supposed to be like Chris Farley doing the whole Chippendales thing? Or is supposed to be sexy?

The whole thing is bizarre.

Unintentionally funny and cringeworthy... She's a fucking embarrassment.

But hey... with her Jupiter sized mass, I'm sure we won't have to worry about her much longer

I have no doubt that person is extraordinarily talented. She has 748 followers on twitter though (if that is even her real account). She is not nearly as famous and would not bring any additional eyes or interest to the library of congress.

So it had nothing to do with her "talent" and everything to do with virtual signaling to get attention.

Well at least we agree on that.

I didn't even know who lizzo was. Who is she and why is she playing this flute?

More equity and inclusivity.. lol.

Actually, her real performance was well done... then she went to her fans and showed her true colors.

That she hides her shame at being a gigantic fat piece of shit by being as obnoxious as possible.

Either way, I don't fucking care. Let her do her thing.. she doesn't realize most people just look her as a freak sideshow with some talent.

I'm amazed that this is going as long as it is. A well known pop artist played a historical flute in a highly competent way. Didn't curse, didn't break the instrument, didn't insult anyone.

But because she's obese and okay with her weight, her ability to perform music should never be showcased in any venue that might generate positive feedback for her.

Because that's what this bitchfest is about. People don't like Lizzo because of how she discusses her weight. As a result of that, they believe that Lizzo should never be presented positively or given an opportunity to engage in positive things in the public space. That the Library of Congress deemed her fit to play the flute is besides that point. That they didn't know about the performance, or even the existence, of the flute is also besides the point. She's fat and doesn't show enough personal shame for her weight, lol.

If this is really as important as people are now pretending it is...why didn't they say something before she played the flute?

So it had nothing to do with her "talent" and everything to do with virtual signaling to get attention.

How can it be virtue signaling when 99% of us would have never known this happened if not for Ben Shapiro. Are you referring to Shapiro's virtue signaling?

She is talented, and has a following. The other person is talented and no one knows who the fuck they are. Not that hard to understand.

Damn, this thread really brought out the leftwingers. I haven't seen this big of a circle jerk from them since the last Jordan Peterson thread. They must really love their shameless obese black women.

But its conservative that are obsessed?

Last edited:
There are two videos. This thread is 10 pages of people who watched one post. In one performance shes dressed for k mart but plays a nice little peice in the other she is dressed like a hooker on stage for screaming idiots. If people saw the second video which is literally on the first page theyd get it.

Accurate post. Before yesterday I had never heard of this girl. The story actually came up in a news aggregator and the headline was about conservative "outrage". Of course, that article chose this picture, where she's dressed appropriately for her physique, to represent the story...

met%20gala%202022%20lizzo%20corkscrew%20nails.jpg

As you've noted, the TS chose a video where she looked like this to represent the story. Not great but she played well so whatever...

b35b501bfd326a07b272901a2788191de1-lizzo-loc.1x.rsquare.w1400.png

What people are actually reacting to is the show where she twerked while looking like this. BARF! In the overall scheme of things it's kind of a non-issue. But since someone made a thread it provides an opportunity to discuss the mental pathologies of progressives who labor to convince themselves and others that this "brave, strong, beautiful woman" is a thing that must be celebrated. I mean, COME ON!?!

lizzo-plays-james-madisons-crystal-flute-20.jpg

Accurate post. Before yesterday I had never heard of this girl. The story actually came up in a news aggregator and the headline was about conservative "outrage". Of course, that article chose this picture, where she's dressed appropriately for her physique, to represent the story...

met%20gala%202022%20lizzo%20corkscrew%20nails.jpg

As you've noted, the TS chose a video where she looked like this to represent the story. Not great but she played well so whatever...

b35b501bfd326a07b272901a2788191de1-lizzo-loc.1x.rsquare.w1400.png

What people are actually reacting to is the show where she twerked while looking like this. BARF! In the overall scheme of things it's kind of a non-issue. But since someone made a thread it provides an opportunity to discuss the mental pathologies of progressives who labor to convince themselves and others that this "brave, strong, beautiful woman" is a thing that must be celebrated. I mean, COME ON!?!

Fat female singers being celebrated isn't a new thing. Aretha Franklin, Mama Cass of the Mamas and Papas, the early 1/2 of Adele's career. I might be wrong but a lot of opera singers were on the heavy side.

Elvis was rotund later in his career. Meatloaf was Meatloaf-y, lol.

I truly don't understand why Lizzo sparks such outrage at her weight, other than her not publicly shaming herself over it.

Fat female singers being celebrated isn't a new thing. Aretha Franklin, Mama Cass of the Mamas and Papas, the early 1/2 of Adele's career. I might be wrong but a lot of opera singers were on the heavy side.

I truly don't understand why Lizzo sparks such outrage at her weight, other than her not publicly shaming herself over it.

Play dumb all you want but everyone (even you) know there's a difference between this...

180816-aretha-franklin-al-1041.jpg

and this...

And let's not forget the guy from Blues Traveler

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back