Anyone watching Mike Perry vs Eddie Alvarez in BKFC today?

Damn, I just watched the main event and that was amazing!
I haven't seen a fighter so demoralized by his opponent's onslaught that he quit in his corner since BJ Penn vs GSP 2 <mma4>

Eddie got himself a loyal woman, EDDIIIIIIEEEEE I DONT LIKE THIS EDDIE
(even if Eddie had to give her a stern look and tell her "Hey, hey hey, stop it, come on" when she was screaming while the doctor was trying to talk to Eddie

Timestamped here:

)

Who can possible stop Platinum "KING OF VIOLENCE" Perry? MVP couldn't, Rockhold neither, Alvarez also failed... I'd say throw in Nate Diaz but he's used to that Jake Paul money now so...

Too bad Cody Garbrant is such a small dude, because since he's the guy who stole everything Platinum worked for in the UFC (the "angry manlet with neck tattoos" market is fairly limited), that would have been cool to watch them in the BKFC ring for the King Of Violence belt, but weight classes, yada yada

Cody would hit perry 62 times before Perry would would whiff so close that it would ko Cody

Either you’re delusional or didn’t watch the fight. To question why anyone would pick Eddie after Eddie absolutely worked Perry is crazy. You’re right in that he’s too small but Perry’s will power and determination kept him in that fight, not his size.
Size helped absorb the punishment….weight classes for a reason

i have to Admit Mike Perry been selling this fight everywhere and got me wanting to know out come heh will i order it naa.. in this day and age no need .... i dont think Eddie going last long

I haven't seen a fighter so demoralized by his opponent's onslaught that he quit in his corner since BJ Penn vs GSP 2 <mma4>

(even if Eddie had to give her a stern look and tell her "Hey, hey hey, stop it, come on" when she was screaming while the doctor was trying to talk to Eddie

Timestamped here:

)

Who can possible stop Platinum "KING OF VIOLENCE" Perry? MVP couldn't, Rockhold neither, Alvarez also failed... I'd say throw in Nate Diaz but he's used to that Jake Paul money now so...

Too bad Cody Garbrant is such a small dude, because since he's the guy who stole everything Platinum worked for in the UFC (the "angry manlet with neck tattoos" market is fairly limited), that would have been cool to watch them in the BKFC ring for the King Of Violence belt, but weight classes, yada yada

Perry outboxes Nate pretty easily at this point. Nate is slow now and no longer has the endless "punches in bunches" style. In his prime it would be interesting. I'd pick prime Nick to beat him, but certainly not the Nick who got destroyed by Lawler.

Last edited:
Post fight interviews showed immense damage to both of their faces.

Platinum's speech did seem affected. Eddie's boxing proved effective in results but Platinum, as usual, proved he can not only take punishment but Will Prevail due to his awesome warrior mentality & physical conditioning.

Love Platinum - can't wait to see what happens next.​

conor was a pretty good amateur boxer, eddie was a wrestler, but point taken.
I think the Conor who beat Eddie and fought Mayweather would beat Perry. Post-Mayweather Conor? Unlikely. He might get the best of Perry for a few minutes, but he'd likely gas quickly. Perry's toughness and durability match up well with Conor's front running-then-fade style.

While Conor was never a cardio machine, he did go 5 rounds with Nate (and won) the rematch. But I think that version of Conor is long gone.

Timestamped here:

)

As i said earlier, Plat'num is MADE for Bareknuckle.

Cementhead and a Dog!

Very tough individual.

Perry outboxes Nate pretty easily at this point. Nate is slow now and no longer has the endless "punches in bunches" style. In his prime it would be interesting. I'd pick prime Nick to beat him, but certainly not the Nick would got destroyed by Lawler.
I absolutely agree that Perry would box Nate up at this point, and add a couple extra layers of scar tissues to his face.

I was just trying to find a good marketable opponent for "Platinum" for the King of Violence title, since he wants opponents with lots of followers and who are somewhat popular on social medias... the previous contender to the 1701643385386.jpeg
(since Jorge Masvidal retired after his latest loss to Gilbert Burns, and seems to want to focus on promoting his "Gamebred" fight promotion... but with the right amount of money, I could totally see him jump in the BKFC ring...
still crazy that he is 0-4 in his last 2, but that
-2 of those losses were title fight against Usman,
-1 of those losses was a title eliminator against Coldy Covincton,
-and the last one against Belal might very well be his last one before a TS...
-and if that wasn't enough, Leon Edward was also supposed to face Masvidal for a title eliminator, but since Jorge got injured, Leon's win over Nate Diaz was deemed enough to get a shot at Kamaru )

But hey, looks like Perry has already called out his next target, the fellow UFC veteran who beat Roy Jones Jr in boxing earlier this year, one of the LW GOATS, Anthony "Showtime" Pettis
“I think that whoever the company wants to match me up with needs to have a certain amount of followers, a certain amount of hits on social media, on the internet that are gonna get people to tune in. It can’t just be one-sided,” Perry explained at the BKFC 56 post-fight press conference. “It can’t just be me selling the hell out of the fight. It can’t just be that way. It has to be a two-sided affair.”
“Speaking of that, one name that didn’t come to mind that did mention before I fought Alvarez was Anthony Pettis. I think that’s an amazing fight. He just beat Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match. I think he’s intrigued by the bare knuckle aspect.”
That would be pretty cool honestly, casual fans know Pettis because of the Showtime kick, and hardcores know that
-he is 2-0 against top 5 LW GOAT Benson Henderson, and he is about to fight him for a 3rd time under Karate rules... Pettis has already beaten him via decision and submission, can he KO him in their third bout?

Plus, he has victories over
-the 6x Strikeforce LW champion Gilbert "El Nino" Melendez; and Giblert didn't defend against scrubs, his record previous to losing to Pettis was incredibly impressive.
and even after Pettis lost his title to RDA, he kept having good performances sandwiched between depressing losses=>
-submitted TUF 15 Winner & UFC veteran Michael Chiesa
-the 3x UFC LW champion Charles "Do Bronx" Oliveira
-and he KO'd the bigger Wonderboy Thompson

After Pettis is done with his trilogy fight against Bendo
(I'm not sure I like that one, the Chuck Liddell curse could strike again... if you're 2-0 or more, better let it go, lest you find yourself in a lose-lose situation like Alex Pereira against Izzy or the Iceman vs Tito, or Don Frye vs Gary Goodrige, or Rampage Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva...)
he might be happy to make some bucks headlining a big card against the BKFC poster boy and even have some hope of winning with his improved boxing

Could be a good scrap against another relatively big name!

And before Platinum Perry laid his bare knuckles on Julian "#LetMeBangBro" Lane for his BKFC debut, he had a boxing bout against the 27-3 former WBC cruiser-weight pro-boxer Michael Seals who has also competed for the WBC&WBO LHW titles later on.

Frankly I didn't know dick about the dude before he fought Mike Perry, but according to the "experts" he's supposed to be a solid journeyman, and the fight itself was a good slugfest.

Platinum vs Showtime... Let them fight.gif

Timestamped here:

)

That’s an awesome post, funny too. I’ll throw a crazy one there…if Nick Diaz can find time to train.. him!!

I absolutely agree that Perry would box Nate up at this point, and add a couple extra layers of scar tissues to his face.

I was just trying to find a good marketable opponent for "Platinum" for the King of Violence title, since he wants opponents with lots of followers and who are somewhat popular on social medias... the previous contender to the View attachment 1014640
(since Jorge Masvidal retired after his latest loss to Gilbert Burns, and seems to want to focus on promoting his "Gamebred" fight promotion... but with the right amount of money, I could totally see him jump in the BKFC ring...
still crazy that he is 0-4 in his last 2, but that
-2 of those losses were title fight against Usman,
-1 of those losses was a title eliminator against Coldy Covincton,
-and the last one against Belal might very well be his last one before a TS...
-and if that wasn't enough, Leon Edward was also supposed to face Masvidal for a title eliminator, but since Jorge got injured, Leon's win over Nate Diaz was deemed enough to get a shot at Kamaru )

But hey, looks like Perry has already called out his next target, the fellow UFC veteran who beat Roy Jones Jr in boxing earlier this year, one of the LW GOATS, Anthony "Showtime" Pettis

That would be pretty cool honestly, casual fans know Pettis because of the Showtime kick, and hardcores know that
-he is 2-0 against top 5 LW GOAT Benson Henderson, and he is about to fight him for a 3rd time under Karate rules... Pettis has already beaten him via decision and submission, can he KO him in their third bout?

Plus, he has victories over
-the 6x Strikeforce LW champion Gilbert "El Nino" Melendez; and Giblert didn't defend against scrubs, his record previous to losing to Pettis was incredibly impressive.
and even after Pettis lost his title to RDA, he kept having good performances sandwiched between depressing losses=>
-submitted TUF 15 Winner & UFC veteran Michael Chiesa
-the 3x UFC LW champion Charles "Do Bronx" Oliveira
-and he KO'd the bigger Wonderboy Thompson

After Pettis is done with his trilogy fight against Bendo
(I'm not sure I like that one, the Chuck Liddell curse could strike again... if you're 2-0 or more, better let it go, lest you find yourself in a lose-lose situation like Alex Pereira against Izzy or the Iceman vs Tito, or Don Frye vs Gary Goodrige, or Rampage Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva...)
he might be happy to make some bucks headlining a big card against the BKFC poster boy and even have some hope of winning with his improved boxing

Could be a good scrap against another relatively big name!

And before Platinum Perry laid his bare knuckles on Julian "#LetMeBangBro" Lane for his BKFC debut, he had a boxing bout against the 27-3 former WBC cruiser-weight pro-boxer Michael Seals who has also competed for the WBC&WBO LHW titles later on.

Frankly I didn't know dick about the dude before he fought Mike Perry, but according to the "experts" he's supposed to be a solid journeyman, and the fight itself was a good slugfest.

Platinum vs Showtime... Let them fight.gif

Whether Perry realizes it or not, he's successfully following the Jake Paul strategy. Perry is 32 and still in his prime. He didn't take too much damage from MMA (22 fights). However, almost anyone who can fight him at this point is retired from MMA and considerably older and more damaged. And in the case of Eddie Alvarez, he also had a size advantage (which Jake typically has as well).

It's also worth noting that retired MMA guys like Alvarez and Rockhold typically don't have the "fight to the bitter end and risk serious injuries/damage" like Perry does and like most MMA guys have in their primes. Tony Ferguson would carry that attitude into bareknuckle if he tried it, but let's pray that doesn't happen.

Perry is perfect for BKFC, its a great style for him there. He has done great, beat a lot of good fighters now over there

Concur.

Perry is a legit street fighter, not all that skilled, but mean and tough.

Perfect venue for him.

Eddie Alvarez is a little guy, not all that durable.

I knew it was a mismatch before it happened, and proved-out that way, but not as much as I thought.

Alvarez was a dog in there, so credit to him.

Back