Anyone uses prepaid cards?

i dont, but i see how it can benefit people from stacking too much debt, of course its not gonna work, because credit is not hard to get and everyone loves money to buy shit

I used it once.
You have to keep adding money to your account every month, otherwise they'll cancel it without notice.

It's not reliable unless you plan on buying something from the deep web.

Well how is one supposed to commit crimes without it?

For what purpose, exactly?
Don't you have a bank account that issues you a debit card for your checking?
The last I knew people only used prepaid cards to do some shady business or to deal with companies that they don't trust to have their regular credit card/debit card info. But that's what Paypal is for.

Well how is one supposed to commit crimes without it?
This. Before bitcoin I bought all my drugs online with prepaid cards called green dot money packs.

It's good for subscriptions you don't intend on continuing but have a feeling they'll keep charging even after you cancel

OP is involved in illegal activities.

I've already alerted the authorities.

Anyone uses prepaid cards? Are they an alternative to debit cards?
Yes.
A prepaid card is a stored-value card. It is a payment card with a monetary value stored on the card itself, not in an external account maintained by a financial institution. Usually a gift card. A debit card is is connected to a bank account.

I don’t use prepaid cards, but I do have a separate checking account for minor purchases. That way if someone steals the info for that card, all of my bills are on my main checking account and it’s easy as pie to cancel the compromised card and get a new one.

I used it once.
You have to keep adding money to your account every month, otherwise they'll cancel it without notice.

It's not reliable unless you plan on buying something from the deep web.
Or if you just dont have a bank account

I thought about it to avoid using credit card for naughty sites, but I think the balance goes down a certain amount even if you don't use it.

I use my Revolut card when I'm travelling because it does a better rate than my bank when I'm overseas.

It's a prepaid debit card.

I think there's another popular one called Monzo.

Its a good service for delinquents, criminals and people that post without a pic in their av.

I used one years ago when my credit was still thrashed. Bit of a hassle because you have to keep on top of it and make sure it stays active.

Will work at most places that take debit and for online purchases.

Back