Anyone use/used a carb blocker?

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone who has gone on a low carb diet or have just added this to there diet. If so, what is your experience with it?

Why? If you want to go low carb or ketogenic then simply avoid carbs.

I've never taken one, but the side effects are awful. I'm not dealing with gas and diarrhea just to have a bowl of pasta. I'll put an hour in on the treadmill everyday rather than risk sharting myself at work.

i took a shittone of cinnamon extract and rala, in addition to lowering my carbs.
i felt it helped, but thats as unscientific as it gets.

but i was very insulin resistant due to the drugs/diet i was on

Why? If you want to go low carb or ketogenic then simply avoid carbs.

I am. I'm just wondering if anyone has given it a try. I mean it is difficult to just let go of some of the things you love entirely.

I've never taken one, but the side effects are awful. I'm not dealing with gas and diarrhea just to have a bowl of pasta. I'll put an hour in on the treadmill everyday rather than risk sharting myself at work.

I've heard some diabetics say they've taken them and never had any issues with it.

Some people use anything that has white kidney bean extract, which has some effect in blocking starch absorption. Cinnamon is used by diabetics pretty frequently.

The thing about these things is at best they'll blunt the effects of carbohydrate consumption, they by no means stop them. They're not like taking gluco p h a ge (remove spaces) or anything.

As for consuming the things you love. There's an easier way to do it. Pick a day out of the week, consume them then, do an intermittent fast after. Same results (or better) without spending the $$.

Some people use anything that has white kidney bean extract, which has some effect in blocking starch absorption. Cinnamon is used by diabetics pretty frequently.

The thing about these things is at best they'll blunt the effects of carbohydrate consumption, they by no means stop them. They're not like taking gluco p h a ge (remove spaces) or anything.

As for consuming the things you love. There's an easier way to do it. Pick a day out of the week, consume them then, do an intermittent fast after. Same results (or better) without spending the $$.

Appreciate the reply. I've been low carb for a bit now and I definitely feel a lot better. My previous diet wasn't even remotely worthy of being labeled a diet.

I think I'll be scheduling a single cheat meal on one of my days off followed by a fast.

It doesn't need to be relegated to a single meal. But that's not a bad idea.

It doesn't need to be relegated to a single meal. But that's not a bad idea.

I tend to have bad habits so it keeps me in check. I did have my first cheat meal in a while the other night and I gotta say afterward I didn't feel too great. Maybe ate too much. Fasted for about 16 hours afterward and went for a long run.

I've seen this recommended before but my question is - why not fast before the meal? Isn't that better?

A fast and a workout would allow you to be glycogen depleted, given your body a better chance to absorb the carbs in the meal in a useful way. Yes?

Back