Anyone up for Erick Silva vs Rick Story?

countswagula

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
That seems to be the perfect fight to make right now. Over the last several years both guys have shown potential but failed to get any sort of a win streak going(although I did think Story beat Gastelum, and Erick had that one bogus DQ).
I think it's a far better alternative than backpedaling on Erick's competition again and giving him another gimme like Sato or Jason High that he'll easily beat but not prove anything by doing so.

No.. Maybe someone a little less tough.
Rick would be a pretty heavy favorite

No.. Maybe someone a little less tough.
Rick would be a pretty heavy favorite

That's kind of the whole point though. Every time Erick is knocking at the door to the top 10 and gets denied, they catapult him too far back.

No. Erick needs some bottom 20 fights like Matt Brown got to build up his skills and confidence. That kid has the potential to be something great if given proper time to develop but if he keeps getting crushed by experienced monsters he never will be.

No. Erick needs some bottom 20 fights like Matt Brown got to build up his skills and confidence. That kid has the potential to be something great if given proper time to develop but if he keeps getting crushed by experienced monsters he never will be.

He's a 30 years old man who's been in the sport for almost a decade. He's had 8 fights in the UFC, he's not a kid nor is he a prospect. We've seen what he can do and what he's good at.

Anyhow, Story survives the initial onslaught and wins by mixing his wrestling and boxing.

That's kind of the whole point though. Every time Erick is knocking at the door to the top 10 and gets denied, they catapult him too far back.
Yeah, but a little farther back than Story.. Why give him a two fight losing streak when they can slowly build him up instead.

I dont know if silva himself will be up for a fight anytime soon after that mauling. He was completely mugged by matt brown.

Nope. Some can first. Seth bacinski(?) or waldburger, maybe ebersole if he wants a bigger name.

Rick Story would soundly defeat him.

They should rebook the Bahadurzada fight.

Back