anyone train with Todd Nathanson or Dion Watts?

shwin

White Belt
Reaction score
Both are JJ Machado black belts, one in the San Fernando Valley and the other in Simi. I was wondering if anyone trains there or knows someone who does. There is little info on both of them. I will probably go in for a trial class, but I will be in San Diego for two more weeks. Thanks in advance

Both are JJ Machado black belts, one in the San Fernando Valley and the other in Simi. I was wondering if anyone trains there or knows someone who does. There is little info on both of them. I will probably go in for a trial class, but I will be in San Diego for two more weeks. Thanks in advance

I used to train with them both. Todd Nathanson moreso, but I trained with both. Todd Nathonson is older, maybe 50s, but honestly one of the most technical guys i have ever rolled with. He has a very humble approach, much like jean jacques, and is easy to get along with. I would definetely recommend training with him.

As far as Dion goes, I didnt train with him as much. When I did his game didnt seem nearly as technical as it was powerful. Big strong guy. Its your choice between the two.

Being that I am Dion I guess my opinion don't count. But Todd has a great school and is a friend. I competed a lot in my time and yes I guess I am strong. But I leave most of the adults classes to my lead instructor Kenny Bond who is not a big strong guy. He received his Black Belt from Renato of Street Sports. Kenny has also competed a lot. You can't go wrong with either school. My school is now called Watts MMA & Fitness and we offer a lot of other things like CrossFit and Muay Thai.

Just updating this thread. Watts Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy is still going strong! We offer Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing and MMA for all ages. (805) 910-7855 www.wattsbjj.com

Back