Anyone think Khabib is smart to avoid Aldo?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Aldo is like styalistic poison for Khabib, the only advantage he has here is size

I think he matches far more favorably with McGregor and Ferguson. Why risk a shot at the real belt in a loss to a FW?

Khabib and Aldo are the two most overrated guys in UFC history.

For his sake, yes he's smart to avoid. For our sake, no, he's yella.

Besides, they are in different weight classes.

A world Sambo Champion who is also bigger would have no problem taking Aldo down. Khabib would come in to the fight 20 pounds bigger

Khabib only matches up well against Mcgregor, and even then his awful striking could lead to him getting finished. Even if McGregor was a bad matchup stylistically for Khabib, it makes sense to wait for him due to the payday.

Fighting either Aldo or Tony before McGregor is a TERRIBLE business decision, especially if it's only for an interim belt. We've seen that interim belts do not necessarily mean the champ will fight you, and they certainly aren't worth jack shit legacy wise.

Aldo beats Khabib decisively, and Tony simply mauls him over 5 rounds. Khabib lacks the striking and ground game to threaten either guy even if he gets them down. He has a better shot vs. Tony due to his incredibly stupid and useless rolling leg lock attempts and tendency to d'arce. But Aldo he absolutely cannot win against. Aldo has better TDD than Tibau in that he simply sprawls and pivots. Khabib can't hold him or repeatedly try takedown attempts against the fence for Aldo is too quick.

Khabib should wait for McGregor. Even if it means letting Aldo vs. Tony get an interim title, all he has to do is keep talking shit and the UFC will make the fight over a unification bout.

If Aldo was 2 inches taller with the same boost to his reach/length maybe. But as it stands Khabib would close the distance get his hands on him and ragdoll him.

khabibnurmagomedov1.png

Khabib shits on Aldo.

Let them bang, bro.
I'd rather see Khabib/Tony vs Conor. Too much scheming in order to cherry pick is getting tiring even though it's very interesting to see how all this is being executed. These kind of things fascinates me.

For once would I want to see Conor defend the belt and not Aldo. Aldo already defended Conor's belt against Frankie. Conor is being the champion in name while Aldo is the hitman between the belt and the contenders, the enemy used as an ally to remove threats, doing the dirty work.

Getting José in the lightweight contender fight is just scheming to make "Aldo vs Frankie" all over again, in the lightweight division this time.

Khabib struggled to hold Trujillo down, and couldn't do anything against RDA when he actually got him down. Aldo has vastly superior guard than anyone Khabib has faced.

Thank you for making your idiocy public, not that we couldn't tell from that fuckboy avatar you have

You are welcome.

yeah, in a sense

also a pussy, in a sense

I think if Khabib wants Aldo down, he will be able too. That being said, Aldo is such a better striker that all I see is Aldo circling around, picking his shots en route to a decision. By the way, Team Khabib would be absolutely stupid to take this fight.

Back