Anyone Surprised by Israel's Success?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MMAProfessional, Sep 28, 2020.

1. MMAProfessional Golden Belt

I remember the hype train and thought Israel was good but didn't expect him to do this well. His first few fights kinda made me feel like he was overhyped but he really has done better as his competition has gotten better. Maybe he's the type to sorta match his opponents because before the Gastelum fight he was fighting lesser competition and not looking so great then just got better as the competition did. Few more fights left and I think he should move up in weight.

MeanStreets and Egészségére! like this.
  2. supnmunm Brown Belt

I remember being on the hype train but not being fully convinced, started thinking he was legit after the Brunson fight, but never thought he'd be this good. He somehow looks significantly better after almost every fight. Don't see him losing for a while.

MeanStreets likes this.
  3. Schaub @PureSpectrumCBD use promo code “Schaub” 20% off

Yes and no. He looked great on his debut and all the way up to the Gastelum fight, I thought that if Kelvin was able to do so well then he probably couldn't crack the top 5 for a while. And while I dislike his personality he's been a joy to watch, like Anderson but without the submission game.

4. Bangkok ready d1 Brown Belt

Well yeah ts, fighters get better when they know nothing other than striking to beguin with, but no im not surprised, its actually pretty easy to spot a legit prospect if the guy is technical on the stand up he's usually going places cause the level of kickboxing in mma isn't great, give a guy like israel a solid tdd and you're looking at a future champ

5. DespicablePeep Red Belt

Its that juice that gives you gyno

CodyMckenziesPrime and Tapatio like this.
  6. EVIL WAR GOD Brown Belt

I was sold pretty early on. He has unique talent.

7. goldennirvana Satanic black magic!

He's developed big power and great reflexes. He looked average in his first few UFC fights. He barely scraped past Vettori then went the distance with a severely washed up Silva. He also didn't look good against Gastelum. But now he's this killer. What can I say? I'm not suspicious.

Egészségére! likes this.
  8. Slatersan Brown Belt

I knew his striking was on a different level. The Yoel fight gave me doubts about him. I thought he couldn’t handle the size and power of the bigger guys of the division. I am obviously sold again. He made Costa look like an amateur.

9. Egészségére! Brown Belt

yes

He came on the mma scene as a kickboxer with mediocre power and no ground game. Now he’s on a Costa, Romero, Whittaker & Silva win streak. I’m legit surprised.

10. Merlotte's Silver Belt

Not surprised he is winning fights. But flawless victories against Romero, Whittaker, and Costa? Those three had nothing to offer Izzy whatsoever. Kind of saw the war with Gastelum happening that guy is a dog.

11. Pancake Sprawl WAR IGOR!!!11

not surprised. the MW division doesn't have any wrestlers who actually wrestle. maybe Cannonier can, but i doubt it.

SMT_MJJ likes this.
  12. Ch31ck Green Belt

I'm pretty sure one of my first comments on this site (or on youtube can't remember) was that Israel would be a future champ. I was right.

13. JosephTessaro Red Belt

Yes and no. He has quite a few kickboxing matches sprinkled in his career, along with boxing. It seems like he gets better every fight. Now I wouldn't pick against him, but that is kinda easy looking at the depth of the MW division right now.

Surprised because he is thin and frail, not surprised because of his elite striking and his dismantling of the guy who I thought had the best chance at beating him.

14. Mebetter Purple Belt

If you would have asked me after the Vetori fight, if I saw Adesanya as a champ, I would have said no way, he will be a top 5-10 fighter but no champ. The Israel that KO'd Whitaker and Costa is night and day different then the Israel who had A split decision against Vetori. He has had remarkable improvement in a very short time.

15. ThePatriot Black Belt

No hes on steroids

16. Doctor Lenovo Banned Banned

I am surprised. Dude is too skinny for the division, and he has yet to be laid-and-prayed on by some Beta Wrestler. LOL

17. Tapatio So hawt

he was legit good, but now he's like superhuman. I wonder why

BlackPanther likes this.
  18. Londonjitsu Brown Belt

Nope
    I was all in on him
    Colby, usman and Leon edwards from the start.
    Thought they all had what it takes to be champ.

19. Dreyga2000 Always Rooting for the Black Guy

That is what I was thinking back then. Just looking at his kickboxing exploits. It doesn't make sense for any MMA guys to really be on his level striking wise.

I always figured that as long as his TDD holds ups no one is going to be able to stop him.

Bangkok ready d1 likes this.
  20. BlackPanther קℓล†เиµм вэℓ†

He's Jacked African-Kiwi Boy deal with it.