Anyone Reviewed Vincent Fields Leglock DVD?

warrior-one.com

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was just wondering if anyone has already reviewed Vincent Field's Leglock DVD's?

I was just watching it this weekend and I was blown away with the amount of information (82 chapters, 135 techniques, over 2 1/2 hours, no slow motion or replays!). I had ordered his VHS tape back a few years ago, so I knew this DVD set would be really good. I am also super impressed that he has a chapter outline of the techniques on his website that anyone can print out to add their own notes to it. I think this is a great idea.

So anyways, I am interested in your opinions and experiences. If no one has reviewed this set yet, who on this forum would you guys like to review it?

Thanks,

Keven
www.warrior-one.com
ebay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmodernmartialarts57h0QQhtZ-1

Hey Ron,

I think you would love these DVD's. How about we do an "company exchange" for the DVD's: One pair (for someone 34 inch waist) of Tapout Board Shorts in Blue w/ black stripe and a pair of handwraps = $49.95. And I'll ship you out these DVD's.

:) Let me know.

Keven
www.warrior-one.com

warrior-one.com said:
Hey Ron,

I think you would love these DVD's. How about we do an "company exchange" for the DVD's: One pair (for someone 34 inch waist) of Tapout Board Shorts in Blue w/ black stripe and a pair of handwraps = $49.95. And I'll ship you out these DVD's.

:) Let me know.

Keven
www.warrior-one.com
Ha, good to see companies arent at each others necks.

I asked for this DVD for Christmas. Didn't get it though. I love leglocks. I've heard only good things about it. Definitely eventually want to see it.

Imanari needs to come out with a leg locks DVD. That would rock!

The Russian Leglocks VHS set by Igor Yakimov is supposed to be awesome; 250 Sambo leg locks. Only thing is, the set costs 150 bucks. So you can choose to either have 135 techniques for 50 bucks or 250 techniques for 150 bucks. I'd go with the Fields' set, especially since the leg locks come from a variety of sources.

Yakimov's leg locks all come from Sambo. Fields is certified in what I believe is called the Hayastan Grappling System, so his leg locks are coming from catch wrestling, sambo, BJJ, shootfighting, etc. The Hayastan system is basically what Jeet Kune Do would be if it was only grappling; totally freestyle.

If I were to buy anything from the Yakimov set, it'd probably be takedowns into leg locks. That's an aspect of Sambo that I love. Where BJJ has flying armbars and triangles, Sambo has all sorts of "flying" (usually more of a scissor or rolling move) leg locks.

Also, I'd buy the Fields set because I'm pretty much strictly a no gi grappler. I train at an MMA gym so I have never done gi grappling and pretty much focus on moves that I can use in an MMA or grappling match. Some of the Sambo stuff requires you to grab onto the gi, though that can be substituted in most cases.

Ron,

I'm going to send you a PM, so we can set something up. Looking forward to it.

Iceman5592 said:
I asked for this DVD for Christmas. Didn't get it though. I love leglocks. I've heard only good things about it. Definitely eventually want to see it.

Iceman,

Clearly you were naughty in 2005, otherwise you would have got this set for X-mas :eek:
Hopefully you can redeem yourself in 2006.

Scorcho,

I totally agree about Imanari doing a leg lock video. I just saw a highlight video of him and his set-ups and timing was awesome. cool stuff.

Happy new year everyone,

Keven

Vince Has some awsome techniques. I would recomend any of his stuff.

Thanks SSF. I've been checking out the mma.tv underground forum since it started, I cant believe I havent checked out sherdog's forum. Oh well, better late than never.

Back