Anyone recovered from turf toe/sprained toe?

yup i got turf toe on my left big toe. thought this was an unique injury i done to myself while training so glad to hear that it's common injury.

i plan on wearing wrestling shoes when i come back to practice soon. the theory behind this, is that the shoes will prevent any type of medial or lateral pulling/hyperextending of my big toe. hence if so, it will solve the problem and allow my toe injury to fully heal in time.

yup i got turf toe on my left big toe. thought this was an unique injury i done to myself while training so glad to hear that it's common injury.

i plan on wearing wrestling shoes when i come back to practice soon. the theory behind this, is that the shoes will prevent any type of medial or lateral pulling/hyperextending of my big toe. hence if so, it will solve the problem and allow my toe injury to fully heal in time.

I have toe issues as well, and I've tried wrestling shoes and they actually do very little. First off, they are very flexible. Secondly, Football Players get turf toe (which is actually where the name comes from) all the time, and their shoes are a lot harder than wrestling shoes. It's almost unavoidable imo. Especially if you've already injured them, I think you become very susceptible. Kind of like once you sprain you ankle badly, it's always one of those things you have to watch out for.

Ive broken all my toes and popped pulled etc etc back in place or ripped nails off.. i give a few days off then in meantime...soak in warm epson salt water ...works wonders..

I don't know about you guys, but my toes that I sprained over a year ago still slightly hurt, but the pain become numb and it hardly even bothers me anymore. Even when I re aggravate them they'll hurt, but it seems to be less and less painful everytime.

i cant bend both my big toes volentarily anymore, but they bend sometimes when i grapple and man that hurts...feels like the first time i broke them everytime

i've dislocated or sprained toes several times, and its usually at least a year before they feel 100% again.

Back