Anyone knows if Sergei will be coming over to the UFC?

priderulez

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
With guys like Schaub, Mitrione, Herman, Olav-Einemo etc. I am clueless why is Sergei not signed with the UFC yet. Does anyone of you know if there has been any sort of talks in this regard at least?

They should also bring back AA, he'd at least make some very cool fights like vs Hunt or a rematch with Sergei.

Barnett deserves to be in the UFC more so than the above mentioned fighters so he needs to be brought in as well. Peace :)

I heard somewhere that he had a deal or was working on one. Don't.count on me providing you with a source.

No, he won't. But a rumor about him signing with the UFC will pop up once a month.

He's fighting in the Glory GP. He might just stay with Glory and kickboxing.

Hopefully it will be a "real" rumor sometime. Like TS said if there are dudes like Schaub etc. Sergei+Barnett should be instantly hired into UFC to destroy them.

Sergei won't fight in UFC.
He was offered a contract and didn't like the money. Many russian sites have written about it in mid-summer. Sergei said something like "I'm not a young man anymore and I can't allow myself to fight just to build my name, because I have family and relatives who depend on me. And even Bellator offered me more profitable contract than UFC".

Nah he inked a contract with another org and enjoys being able to take up kickboxing and boxing matches. We'll most likely never see him in the UFC.

he likes kickboxing and he wont sign an exclusive contract

he is fighting in glory 4 grand slam 31 december

I wouldn't mind seeing Sergei/Mir or Sergei/Nog II (their first fight was great). There are a lot of good fights for him in the UFC, so I hope he signs eventually.

As long as he is with Glory it won't happen.

I doubt he will ever be champ, but I don't care. I still want to see him in the UFC. I'm glad Strikeforce folded, but still feel they were doing a good job in the past, and put on some great fights.

He was offered a contract and didn't like the money. Many russian sites have written about it in mid-summer. Sergei said something like "I'm not a young man anymore and I can't allow myself to fight just to build my name, because I have family and relatives who depend on me. And even Bellator offered me more profitable contract than UFC".

Well that sucks, but good for him I guess.

Not sure about Sergei but Dana talked about AA in a Q&A and said (prior to AA's fight vs Mike Hayes) "I don't even know who he's fighting it would have to be an impressive win against a good fighter to get him back in the UFC"

Really the UFC should have stumped up a little to get him in, he's very popular with fans who are anything other than casual (I'd buy a PPV if he's on it!) and with the dearth of HW stocks in the UFC they need to get any decent HW they can.

AA, Barnett, Sergei...they should all be in there, the UFC needs more than just a HW top 10 and then a really ordinary group underneath.

I remember hearing something around that time but since there has been no news as of lately decided to check if someone knows something.

Sad thing is that I actually tend to believe Bellator stepped up and offered more than UFC did. Sad thing they are depriving us of the pleasure of seeing fighters like him compete inside the octagon

No, sadly. Sergei has completely dedicated himself to kickboxing and just does MMA for charity or for a quick buck against some no-name.

Back