Anyone know much about Relson Gracie?

I'm not sure about how he runs a class, but I do know he has some really good schools and blackbelts. All I can say from my personal experience is that the one year that I went to the Arnolds when Relson still ran it was the worst big tournament I have ever been to. The tourney was supposed to start at around 10:00 a.m. and I don't think Relson or his guys got there til 4:00. Matches were still running after midnight. Many teams were also starting to boycott the Arnolds. That just kind of skews my view of him.

I've been screwed too in tournaments. Everyone has. The Arnolds are very poorly run. But I don't think that reflects on his instruction or his instructors or even his character that much.

Don't know if you have competed in the Arnold's in the last few years but since NAGA took over it goes alot smoother.

As a member of Team Balance, I had to the opportunity to train with him in a small seminar. I have nothing but good things to say about him

Relson is very cool, he is old school and reflects his fathers attitude towards Jiujitsu.

Nick Kilian just came back from staying three weeks at Relson's house in the islands. The last time Relson came to check on our instcuctor he worked with me for almost a half an hour for free. I can't say enough about him.

As far as Relson running the Arnold's really late we have a saying at our school: there's real time and Relson time. Don't be in a hurry to do anything with him.

Ya for Relson to let me stay at his own house for three weeks blew my mind. I will always remember that time of my life as I got to learn from such a pure BJJ source.

The techniques are flawless that he teaches. I am very honored to use them when I fight.

Also his son Rhalan is straight diesel and I love both those guys for taking care of me. I find the people who are at Relson's schools are much the same. Very layed back no ego people from Cleveland to Hawaii.

Ya for Relson to let me stay at his own house for three weeks blew my mind. I will always remember that time of my life as I got to learn from such a pure BJJ source.

The techniques are flawless that he teaches. I am very honored to use them when I fight.

Also his son Rhalan is straight diesel and I love both those guys for taking care of me. I find the people who are at Relson's schools are much the same. Very layed back no ego people from Cleveland to Hawaii.

That's pretty sweet.

P.S. I love the shark on your av. I've always thought someone should acquire the rights to this picture for their BJJ logo.

highfiveshirt.png

Nick Kilian just came back from staying three weeks at Relson's house in the islands. The last time Relson came to check on our instcuctor he worked with me for almost a half an hour for free. I can't say enough about him.

As far as Relson running the Arnold's really late we have a saying at our school: there's real time and Relson time. Don't be in a hurry to do anything with him.

We had that same saying in Charleston. I was there for only five months, but I learned alot and meeting Relson was very cool. Very cool guy.

That's pretty sweet.

P.S. I love the shark on your av. I've always thought someone should acquire the rights to this picture for their BJJ logo.

highfiveshirt.png

That is the best picture ever. I def would use that. A lot of my style is Guerilla wrestling mixed in with shark finesse. Nick name from my school is Guerillian ahahah.

His black belts are serious. One of his first black belts teaches here in GA and a black belt under him teaches less than an hour from me. They are absolutely incredible.

Real time and Relson time, I like that. But I still think, even though he is a Gracie, how the Arnolds were run under him was very disrespectful to the competitors.

Real time and Relson time, I like that. But I still think, even though he is a Gracie, how the Arnolds were run under him was very disrespectful to the competitors.

One thing I like about BJJ is that half the jiu-jiteiros hate the Gracies. Hell Gracie Family fights amongst each other all the time, but they would die for each other at the same time. This love/hate rivalry keeps it honest. No exultation of the founders as magicians or supermen. This is what led to the decline of many martial arts. And no (or few? lol) blood feuds too.

I remember you.

Didn't you have a fight coming up? Updates!

I'm the big old balding purple belt. I was asked not to roll with you, so we never did.

Back