Anyone know anything about Emerson Souza??!

A

aphexish**

He has a BJJ school 15 mins away from my house, thinking about it. Either this or one of Serra's gyms. What do you think?

I took about 3 classes there when I was between schools but I had too much going on personally and decided not to train at that time. Then when I went back I wanted to train with Joey Scarola so I didnt go back....BUT Emerson is awesome!!! He is a small kid (like 5' 4 - 130lbs) but he is LEGIT! The classes I went to were small, maybe 5-6 guys. His school was an average size, nice mat etc. but no locker rooms =/

Emerson is a GREAT guy...one of the most down to earth dudes I have ever met! He is a very solid black belt!!

if you live 15 minutes from there you also most live fairly close to bellmore...you have soca bjj there..i have never trained there but it seems to be a good school with a great instructor...maybe someone else on here has more info on the place

I took about 3 classes there when I was between schools but I had too much going on personally and decided not to train at that time. Then when I went back I wanted to train with Joey Scarola so I didnt go back....BUT Emerson is awesome!!! He is a small kid (like 5' 4 - 130lbs) but he is LEGIT! The classes I went to were small, maybe 5-6 guys. His school was an average size, nice mat etc. but no locker rooms =/

Emerson is a GREAT guy...one of the most down to earth dudes I have ever met! He is a very solid black belt!!

What are the prices like at Joey's Scarola's place..?

In this day and age you must figure in gas prices going back and forth to the academy.

You also have bellmore kickboxing right there. They have kickboxing and BJJ though, more of an MMA school, if you want BJJ though Socca or Souza are good.

Combat Judo club is in Massapequa, they have Judo and BJJ (guy is a black in Judo and purple under Serra)

He has a BJJ school 15 mins away from my house, thinking about it. Either this or one of Serra's gyms. What do you think?

It depends how old you are. Allot of machismo and wannabe UFC fighters at Serra's that couldn't fight there way out of a retirement home.

I actually train at Emerson's........Excellent instructor, down to earth/friendly......Classes are at 12pm, 7pm and 8pm.....5 days a week gi and no gi........ very technical.....Hes one of the Gracie Barra Champs that gets over looked because they had some many legends during his time.....Hes good friends with Soca, Bruno, Renzo....Draculia......owned his feather weight divison back in the day. Anyways feel free to check it out where located in Baldwin on Merrick avenue. - Home

Back