Anyone in Buffalo NY?? grappling??

tommboy

White Belt
Reaction score
Is anyone here from the buffalo area Im new to here (just moved here for school) and was wondering if there are any BJJ places around or any good type of grappling schools for that matter. Right now im working with standup in clubs at my school(san shou and eventually boxing) but I need to find a grappling place. all helps is GREATLY apreciated!!!

There is only one place in the Buffalo vicinity to train BJJ. Carlson Gracie Team just started classes in Lockport at Flips Gymnastics & Sport.
For more info contact [email protected]

thank u !! sent them an email to see how far away it is from UB, but is there any other type of grappling arts that are effective for street fighting taught in buffalo?

tommboy said:
thank u !! sent them an email to see how far away it is from UB, but is there any other type of grappling arts that are effective for street fighting taught in buffalo?

why, do you have aspirations of being a streetfighter?
I'm sure you could find a couple other places that teach "grappling" and some may even claim it's "for the street" but my guess is they're full of shit.

Come to the lockport class and grapple and see for yourself.

well I dont have aspirations for it but I want it to be the most usable if I ever come to a street fighting situation that ends up on the ground, would you say it has no point then?

tommboy said:
well I dont have aspirations for it but I want it to be the most usable if I ever come to a street fighting situation that ends up on the ground, would you say it has no point then?

BJJ is an effective martial-art for self-defense. Your wording in the other post made it sound to me like you were only interested in "streetfighting". My misunderstanding.

Whatever school you go to should be able to show you their effectiveness on the mat in training. If it doesn't work on the mat in training in won't work "on the street" in a real confrontation. Stay away from places that claim "it's too dangerous" to do in training and just want you to take their word that it works.

I wish there was SOME type of grappling school around here

Tommboy, the instructer in Lockport is Chuck Anzalone, Purple belt under Carlson Gracie Sr.
The Gold standard in Jiu-Jitsu. I don't think you will find a better mentor in WNY personally.
If you want to tip the odds in your favor in ANY type of fight, street or otherwise, than a base in BJJ will help. In fact it is not even a fair fight against the typical bar drunk with beer muscles.
First class is free, no obligation, just show up and decide for yourself. Friendly class.
private message me if you have any questions.
Hope to see you on Friday,
Parker.

I personally don't think you'll find better pizza and wings in WNY than at Papa Leo's in Lockport!

Back