Anyone here that practise MMA and crosstrains in Judo?

SL0

White Belt
Reaction score
What i mean is, Are they anyone here that is doing MMA and Judo at the same time I mean. You doing both MMA and Judo, Crosstrain in Judo.

I practise MMA and BJJ for now and I want to begin practise Judo also. So can anyone tell me if Judo is helping your MMA game?

Is it waste of time to begin practise Judo now? im 19.:icon_chee

Tell me what you guys think, Thanks! :D

judo would help your bjj , but don't think it will help ALOT for mma. wrestling would be a better option

Of course Judo will help your MMA game. Judo= takedowns,submissions, and pins. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Good luck with your training

Not to late but unless it is a great judo school MMA/BJJ is just fine

As YeahBee says, as long as your BJJ school isn't considerably worse than the Judo school on offer, I'd stick to getting really good at BJJ.

I practice BJJ and don't crosstrain in Judo if that helps

Thanks for answer. The MMA and BJJ school im practise in are one of the best in Sweden and the Judo school i was thinking of joining have some guys that compete.

Is there nobody on this grappling forum that is doing MMA and crosstrain that with Judo? :icon_lol:

Thanks for answer. The MMA and BJJ school im practise in are one of the best in Sweden and the Judo school i was thinking of joining have some guys that compete.

var

I do MMA now and had trained in Judo but moved and don't live near a dojo anymore. Still, I found it helpful in the clinch and just staying on my feet when people are trying to take me down. It also gave me great posture when I'm in top control on the ground.

I am a BB in judo and recently switched to BJJ and MMA.

The reactions and fitness transfer over well. I find my low kicks are almost more sweeps and are almost instinctive. I have no problems in the clinch, but I have to "restrain" myself because I don't want to be a prick and slam my partners - so I only throw when I am confident of a clean throw. The upright judo stance suits striking well although I am working on a more square stance rather than side-on.

Is there nobody on this grappling forum that is doing MMA and crosstrain that with Judo? :icon_lol:

Nobody. That's why there is not an 89 page Judo thread in the stickies...

Any BJJ'er/MMA'er who says he doesn't want to improve his judo is a damn liar. I hope to start as soon as I have enough cash:icon_cry2 and it's a bitch trying to find any judo club that has ANY no gi focus.

I dont want to improve my judo game. :icon_lol:

Well played sir!:icon_lol:

But alas you will always be a judoka in our books... Judo is only cool when we BJJ/MMA types learn to adapt it to no gi and use it to compliment our games. How sad for you!

But seriously lol. Do you have a fairly easy time adapting your throws to no-gi situations?

Well played sir!:icon_lol:

But alas you will always be a judoka in our books... Judo is only cool when we BJJ/MMA types learn to adapt it to no gi and use it to compliment our games. How sad for you!

But seriously lol. Do you have a fairly easy time adapting your throws to no-gi situations?
It's OK so far. However, I have not had a big opportunity because in MMA we've been doing mostly striking and in BJJ we've done few TDs yet, plus rolling start from the ground.

The few times I have tried it I have been able to hit osoto-gari, o-goshi and morote-gari (double-leg) and a couple of foot-sweeps (okuri-ashi-barai).

Back