Anyone here familiar with this place (Vancouver, BC)?

gracie_barra**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
www.worldkickboxing.ca

Seems like a cool place, good facilites. The fighters seem to have good credentials, and also the head intructor. I want to get my striking game up to par with my BJJ to turn me into a more balanced fighter. Thanks guys.

Ps. I heard from a friend the prices are 65/monthly which includes usage of the weight room and they supply all the equipment.

I'm from Vancouver and have never heard of that gym. BUT I do know who Jeff Thornhill is and he's a pretty good fighter and a nice guy. I've seen Melvin Murray fight twice and he looked alright as well.

Where are you currently training? I keep hearing good things about Gibson Pankration!

Sonny said:
I'm from Vancouver and have never heard of that gym. BUT I do know who Jeff Thornhill is and he's a pretty good fighter and a nice guy. I've seen Melvin Murray fight twice and he looked alright as well.

Where are you currently training? I keep hearing good things about Gibson Pankration!

I have heard about Gibson Pankration, but I have not heard good things about it (not bad things either, I've only heard of it in name). Maybe I'll check it out. I checked out a class at Cocoon Athletics , on Granville, but due to school and what not I haven't been back there in 2 months. Its got a GREAT atmosphere, and the BJJ is really technical. Its taught by a Brown Belt under Carlos Gracie Jr. and everyone there is really nice. I just think that maybe it could add more standup stuff, but you can't really expect much since its more BJJ based. I recommend it. How about you? I've also heard cool things about Suitela Submission at Surrey.

Back