1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Anyone here familiar with this place (Vancouver, BC)?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by gracie_barra**, Sep 10, 2005.

1. gracie_barra**

gracie_barra** Purple Belt

www.worldkickboxing.ca

Seems like a cool place, good facilites. The fighters seem to have good credentials, and also the head intructor. I want to get my striking game up to par with my BJJ to turn me into a more balanced fighter. Thanks guys.

Ps. I heard from a friend the prices are 65/monthly which includes usage of the weight room and they supply all the equipment.

2. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

I'm from Vancouver and have never heard of that gym. BUT I do know who Jeff Thornhill is and he's a pretty good fighter and a nice guy. I've seen Melvin Murray fight twice and he looked alright as well.

Where are you currently training? I keep hearing good things about Gibson Pankration!

3. gracie_barra**

gracie_barra** Purple Belt

I have heard about Gibson Pankration, but I have not heard good things about it (not bad things either, I've only heard of it in name). Maybe I'll check it out. I checked out a class at Cocoon Athletics , on Granville, but due to school and what not I haven't been back there in 2 months. Its got a GREAT atmosphere, and the BJJ is really technical. Its taught by a Brown Belt under Carlos Gracie Jr. and everyone there is really nice. I just think that maybe it could add more standup stuff, but you can't really expect much since its more BJJ based. I recommend it. How about you? I've also heard cool things about Suitela Submission at Surrey.