Anyone here ever try Athletic greens?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by bjjcaveman, Dec 30, 2012.

1. bjjcaveman

bjjcaveman Yellow Belt

I first heard about it in Tim Ferriss' book the Four Hour Body, and then subsequently on a few other podcasts I listen to.

I'm just curious to know if anyone here has tried it and if they've noticed any tangible benefits...

2. AboveThisFire

AboveThisFire Green Belt

I haven't, however that book is magic.

3. Lochlan

Lochlan Orange Belt

I do a green drink most mornings, but have not tried Athletic greens.

That being said, lots of fitness/nutrition guys I follow tout that specific one. Romanellio, Ferriggia etc..

Have not done much of a price/ingredient comparison, I just went by taste.

Tried Greens+, tasted like liking a goats bunghole

If you are thinking about it you should go to GNC and sample a few different ones. Then leave GNC and go buy it someone else.
    I use this PhdNutrition stuff. Tastes alright.

4. bjjcaveman

bjjcaveman Yellow Belt

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

5. Lochlan

Lochlan Orange Belt

Just an update, I was having a hard time finding the PHDNutrition Greens on a regular basis, so decided to try a different Green.

I don't have it every day, don't think I need it. More like 2-3 times a week.

Just recently tried Cyto-Greens and it seems good. http://www.cytogreens.com/
    Ingredient profile is way better than everything else I was looking at. Better than the one I was using too.

Taste is decent. Not as good as PHD, but 1000x better than Greens+. Kind of like a brewed ice tea sort of taste, probably from the matcha & acai.

Its a little more expensive but id rather pay a bit more for something that does not taste like ass. I paid just under $50 for 60serve tub.

6. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell Brown Belt

Ive been using that cyto greens for a few months now. Fucking amazing. The profile is way better than most green products out there, taste is ok on its own, like you said some kind of tea, i put some bcaa's flavored in there and it taste like candy.

7. Demogoblin

Demogoblin Black Belt

i take green vibrance taste is utterly nasty i put sugar in it to remedy that though its the same as cyto just has brociolo in it