1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »

Anyone have the latest on Fedor?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by rock2x22, Jun 19, 2020.

1. rock2x22 Purple Belt

Anybody have any idea what Fedor is up to, last I heard his management was walking back the retirement talk after beating Rampage (saying it was mistranslated and he still planned on 2 more fights, one in the US and one in Russia). Obviously the pandemic has halted Bellator atm but he could end up doing it thru RizinFF. Just curious if I’ve missed anything?

scottjoebob likes this.
  2. Feniamin Brown Belt

I think I've seen in Russian media mentions that Bellator planned to hold and event in Russia later this year (in Autumn, I think). Isn't Rizin doesn't have anything announced for their next event while if I'm not mistaken Bellator is scheduled to hold it's next event in July? Plus, I'm not sure if Fedor had any normal training in last few months because of coronavirus.

rock2x22 likes this.
  3. InfinityLens Black Belt

Who does everyone want him to fight (other than storyline fights)? Valentin Moldavsky would be good but he doesn't like to fight countrymen so maybe Linton Vassel?

4. CinemaKingdom Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I think everyone wanted Josh Barnett, but he can't stay off the juice for more than 30 seconds so that won't ever happen. I wouldn't mind a Bigfoot rematch, he should probably fight Kongo if he wants a title shot (and it sounds like he does because he basically said he was injured against Bader and there were rumors the fight was going to be canceled up to the event when it happened). I just hope its a name fighter who is around his age. It's too bad Cro Cop can't fight anymore, that would have been a perfect final fight.

5. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

Nobody in Bellator is fighting. That’s the answer

6. BFoe Western States Heritage Champion Platinum Member

Yeah, Barnett is the fight to make—I have still never heard if he did fail a PED test or what the deal is. If Barnett is off the table, I like Fedor vs Roy Nelson. I think Fedor is planning 2 more fights, and Werdum is nearing the end of his UFC contract. Would love to see Fedor-Werdum 2 in Russia.

CinemaKingdom likes this.
  7. Doug Money Green Belt

I dont wanna risk Fedor loosing to Big CCountry.Barnett would be the best option. Bigfoot rematch or Kharitanov would be Cool also

8. asdf122345 Red Belt

Suppose to have one more fight I think? Probably in bellator or rizin. I hope its Josh Barnett.

9. Phrozenspite Black Belt

Plenty of good options.. which means bellator will probably book Fedor vs machida and be surprised when machida pulls off another highlight retirement ko

10. AmericanMMA Purple Belt

Is he not exclusive to Bellator? If he is we won't see him until they are putting on events again.

11. TR1 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Valentin is one of Fedor's students, there is 0.0% chance they would fight.

MT7 and BFoe like this.
  12. CinemaKingdom Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Actually, yeah you are right. I forgot about Werdum, and he did try to leave the ufc before if I remember correctly (during his suspension).

BFoe likes this.
  13. BFoe Western States Heritage Champion Platinum Member

I also like your ideas about Kongo and Bigfoot. Bigfoot would be a good final opponent. Or they could shoot for Kongo and Bader, but damn—Bader is a really tough fight for Fedor to win at this stage, and I don’t know if we want to see Fedor get murked in Russia in his final fight. That would be sad,

CinemaKingdom likes this.
  14. Ryeback Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I’d like to see him versus Werdum then Bigfoot. Maybe Hendo again too if he’s up for it.

MXZT and CinemaKingdom like this.
  15. CinemaKingdom Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I definitely think Fedor can put Bader out, especially if he fights similar to what he did against Rampage. After his knee surgery he was able to move well again and get out of the way of punches, but Bader could also land on him again. But I mean that is pretty much every Fedor fight now. Offensively he is still as deadly as they come, but his chin is gone so anyone that can punch COULD put him out. Going out as champ would be a glorious end though.

16. John Creed Green Belt

He beat a bloated Rampage. He should retire on that win. If he fights anyone even remotely decent he'll probably get knocked out in highlight reel fashion.

17. norsuu Blue Belt

werdum is probably doing his last ufc fight in july, and he said after ufc he wanted one more fight in russia. Do you imagine goat vs werdum 2 in 2021?? wow...

SamboPunch likes this.
  18. Idonotbelieveit winning

If he does fight again he will be like rocky balboa
    As always since 2009

19. SamboPunch Gold Belt Platinum Member

He's fighting either on the Northeast Coast and somewhere on the West Coast.... probably more than likely New York/NJ/Massachusetts and California/Arizona/New Mexico for his last 2 fights.

20. SamboPunch Gold Belt Platinum Member

It's not even worth it at this point IMO