Anyone have the latest on Fedor?

rock2x22

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea what Fedor is up to, last I heard his management was walking back the retirement talk after beating Rampage (saying it was mistranslated and he still planned on 2 more fights, one in the US and one in Russia). Obviously the pandemic has halted Bellator atm but he could end up doing it thru RizinFF. Just curious if I’ve missed anything?

I think I've seen in Russian media mentions that Bellator planned to hold and event in Russia later this year (in Autumn, I think). Isn't Rizin doesn't have anything announced for their next event while if I'm not mistaken Bellator is scheduled to hold it's next event in July? Plus, I'm not sure if Fedor had any normal training in last few months because of coronavirus.

Who does everyone want him to fight (other than storyline fights)? Valentin Moldavsky would be good but he doesn't like to fight countrymen so maybe Linton Vassel?

Who does everyone want him to fight (other than storyline fights)? Valentin Moldavsky would be good but he doesn't like to fight countrymen so maybe Linton Vassel?

I think everyone wanted Josh Barnett, but he can't stay off the juice for more than 30 seconds so that won't ever happen. I wouldn't mind a Bigfoot rematch, he should probably fight Kongo if he wants a title shot (and it sounds like he does because he basically said he was injured against Bader and there were rumors the fight was going to be canceled up to the event when it happened). I just hope its a name fighter who is around his age. It's too bad Cro Cop can't fight anymore, that would have been a perfect final fight.

Nobody in Bellator is fighting. That’s the answer

I think everyone wanted Josh Barnett, but he can't stay off the juice for more than 30 seconds so that won't ever happen. I wouldn't mind a Bigfoot rematch, he should probably fight Kongo if he wants a title shot (and it sounds like he does because he basically said he was injured against Bader and there were rumors the fight was going to be canceled up to the event when it happened). I just hope its a name fighter who is around his age. It's too bad Cro Cop can't fight anymore, that would have been a perfect final fight.
Yeah, Barnett is the fight to make—I have still never heard if he did fail a PED test or what the deal is. If Barnett is off the table, I like Fedor vs Roy Nelson. I think Fedor is planning 2 more fights, and Werdum is nearing the end of his UFC contract. Would love to see Fedor-Werdum 2 in Russia.

I dont wanna risk Fedor loosing to Big CCountry.Barnett would be the best option. Bigfoot rematch or Kharitanov would be Cool also

Suppose to have one more fight I think? Probably in bellator or rizin. I hope its Josh Barnett.

Plenty of good options.. which means bellator will probably book Fedor vs machida and be surprised when machida pulls off another highlight retirement ko

Is he not exclusive to Bellator? If he is we won't see him until they are putting on events again.

Valentin is one of Fedor's students, there is 0.0% chance they would fight.

Yeah, Barnett is the fight to make—I have still never heard if he did fail a PED test or what the deal is. If Barnett is off the table, I like Fedor vs Roy Nelson. I think Fedor is planning 2 more fights, and Werdum is nearing the end of his UFC contract. Would love to see Fedor-Werdum 2 in Russia.

Actually, yeah you are right. I forgot about Werdum, and he did try to leave the ufc before if I remember correctly (during his suspension).

Actually, yeah you are right. I forgot about Werdum, and he did try to leave the ufc before if I remember correctly (during his suspension).
I also like your ideas about Kongo and Bigfoot. Bigfoot would be a good final opponent. Or they could shoot for Kongo and Bader, but damn—Bader is a really tough fight for Fedor to win at this stage, and I don’t know if we want to see Fedor get murked in Russia in his final fight. That would be sad,

I also like your ideas about Kongo and Bigfoot. Bigfoot would be a good final opponent. Or they could shoot for Kongo and Bader, but damn—Bader is a really tough fight for Fedor to win at this stage, and I don’t know if we want to see Fedor get murked in Russia in his final fight. That would be sad,

I definitely think Fedor can put Bader out, especially if he fights similar to what he did against Rampage. After his knee surgery he was able to move well again and get out of the way of punches, but Bader could also land on him again. But I mean that is pretty much every Fedor fight now. Offensively he is still as deadly as they come, but his chin is gone so anyone that can punch COULD put him out. Going out as champ would be a glorious end though.

He beat a bloated Rampage. He should retire on that win. If he fights anyone even remotely decent he'll probably get knocked out in highlight reel fashion.

werdum is probably doing his last ufc fight in july, and he said after ufc he wanted one more fight in russia. Do you imagine goat vs werdum 2 in 2021?? wow...

He's fighting either on the Northeast Coast and somewhere on the West Coast.... probably more than likely New York/NJ/Massachusetts and California/Arizona/New Mexico for his last 2 fights.

werdum is probably doing his last ufc fight in july, and he said after ufc he wanted one more fight in russia. Do you imagine goat vs werdum 2 in 2021?? wow...

It's not even worth it at this point IMO

Back