Anyone feel this way about JJ?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by lufbradolly, Jan 5, 2015.

1. lufbradolly

lufbradolly White Belt

I shouldn't like the guy. He's got so many weird personality traits that I wouldn't normally ever want to support a guy like that. Having said all that, I can't help but root for him.

We're in the presence of greatness right now. Unless Gus does something special in a rematch, I don't see Jones being beaten. I think he'd take rumble all day and any other rematch apart from Gus who might push him all the way again. As a result of all this I can't help root for Jones.

He's definitely in the discussion already for GOAT but with the others Fedor, GSP, Anderson there was always a hint of vulnerability in my mind. With GSP and Fedor I always felt there was a chance of losing on the feet. With Anderson you always felt he was vulnerable to a really good wrestler.

What style of fighter is it going to take to beat Jones? He can't be taken and kept down and he can't be out struck.

So I'm now a fan just because of his pure brilliance and the excitement of what lies ahead. Anyone feel similar?

2. Vader025

Vader025 Green Belt

I absolutely feel the same. I'm not a fan, neither do I dislike him, but he is just the first fighter to rule all aspects of the game. Of course his crazy reach also has a lot to do with his abilities though. He'd beat them all. Only man I give a (good) chance is Velasquez.

If it wasn't for JJs personality, UFC would have mega cashcow, like Brock!

3. Dman4Life8017

Dman4Life8017 Green Belt

The fighter that will beat Jones will be the power puncher/striker who gets that ONE good shot in and knocks Jones unconcious, or it will be that extremely well rounded fighter who is better at Jones in every avenue that Jones is already great at, that is also of similar physical dimensions[height and reach wise].

4. Ozze

Ozze Black Belt

I agree that the guy who will beat him will be via that one KO shot.

He's got a chin though. Was eating those DC uppercuts like it wasn't bother him that much.

5. AndrewGolota48

AndrewGolota48 Silver Belt

He'll become the GOAT and stay undefeated until he's 34. By then his old wins won't seem as impressive as they were at the time they happened, since the game will have evolved. He will be discredited and called overrated, especially by newer MMA fans.

6. Chramelated

Chramelated The Real Guy, The Best Guy Banned

That's already happening now.

7. psychodad

psychodad Brown Belt

He can be beaten on the feet, both Gus and DC showed that he is vulnerable but has a great chin because neither one was able to finish him when they had him in trouble.

Gus is still the best bet against Jones out of all the hopefuls. He already beat Jones once, we'll see if he can finish the job next time.

8. Emjay

Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

If he wasn't a fighter I wouldn't even know he exists so the personality stuff doesn't matter. I just like watching him fight

9. lufbradolly

lufbradolly White Belt

I don't think Gus won, Jones was bouncing kicks off his head towards the end of that fight. Stylistically Gus is a good matchup but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones cardio win it again just because of his cardio and heart. He always seems to keep up the intensity in those championship rounds.

10. lufbradolly

lufbradolly White Belt

Despite what I said this is MMA and he could easily lose that invincibility within a year. That's why I love the sport :)

11. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

how could anyone like this fake?

12. DanMMAleague

DanMMAleague Purple Belt

I could never support an eye gouger like Jones.