• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone Feel Guilty For Splurging Right Now

No because it's supporting the economy when it's badly needed. I haven't really reduced my spending.

I saw a Gunpla youtube guy recently retired citing something about inappropriate to be making toy/gunpla vids when many are suffering. I think he said something about having a $8k vet bill for the cat. Vet's sure make a lot of money it seems.

Not really, but I am concerned by those around me who are getting hit hard by this and want to do something about it. Been getting a little more takeout than usual lately to support local businesses. Went to a coffee shop recently where I never tip and gave $2 on a $12 bill. Everytime I go to the store I am donating to their relief fund.

I figure I'm doing my part to reduce the economic impact and hopefully just helping someone. In the end our whole economy is interconnected so people who are doing bad are not just in a vaccum. Their problems impact the overall society. And hopefully I will get a few karma points outta this.
I think in this instance, I'm going to try to help by spending rather than donating to make sure nonprofit execs keep their generous pay and benefits. Before the lockdown, I made a point to buy Girl Scout cookies.

Once this is over the price on everything is gonna drop. Places will be desperate for business
Or prices will be higher because they gotta make back more money to pay back rent + late penalty.

Or prices will be higher because they gotta make back more money to pay back rent + late penalty.

No everything will be cheap because people won’t have money to spend. Places will have to lower prices or people will just spend money on groceries and that’s it

Not feeling guilty, but I’ve splurged a little more than usual on whiskey and XO cognac if that counts.

Not feeling guilty, but I’ve splurged a little more than usual on whiskey and XO cognac if that counts.

What you Whisky you get? Always looking for a new bottle of something good

Don't feel bad Bro. I bought a fucking Elliptical that will likely never get used once the gym reopens. Desperate times for desperate measures. :p

What you Whisky you get? Always looking for a new bottle of something good
Old Forester 1910 (apparently I needed a 3rd bottle, I do like the dark chocolate note I get)
Michter’s Toasted Barrel Proof Rye (this shit is delicious)
Kavalan Solist Sherry Cask (>110 proof and very sherry forward, but the proof helps balance the sherry sweetness a bit)
Weller Full Proof store pick (one of the few bottles I’ve paid secondary pricing for, haven’t opened it yet)

I'm still working and still spending like I always have done. The only thing i'm feeling these days is annoyance as my investment portfolio is being raped like a Japanese schoolgirl.

Bought me some steaks for dinner and kinda felt bad cause people out their eating spam and shit and trying to save money. I was at the store watching people buy cases of Ramon noodles and I over here buying expensive cut of meat cause I can. Part of me was ashamed.

What about yaw.
Consider it helping the economy. Feel better now?

Nope. Life goes in cycles, sometimes your down and sometimes your up.

Back