Anyone ever used an Extar EP9?

Sunnyvale TP

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I just picked one up today. Interested if any other Sherdoggies have used or own one.

I am taking mine to the range tomorrow.

Www.extarusa.com

Edit: Just saw the thread title misspelling. Sorry. Mobile phone keyboards suck.

Last edited:
How did it work?
Took it to the indoor range after a quick boresight with a red dot sight.

Shot very well. Low recoil, easy for follow up shot managment. Pretty darn accurate little weapon.

Picked up a few boxes of 9mm and will be reloading more soon. Planning on taking it to the outdoor range soon if weather holds up.

For the price and the little bit of test firing I did, no complaints. Very fun and easy to shoot. It would make a very good home defense weapon. Thinking of buying my brother one in the near future.

That seems incredibly cheap for a PCC. If it didn’t give you any trouble, misfeeds, failure to eject, etc. Then I would say you did well.
P.S. Don’t be a straw purchaser though

That seems incredibly cheap for a PCC. If it didn’t give you any trouble, misfeeds, failure to eject, etc. Then I would say you did well.
P.S. Don’t be a straw purchaser though

No feeding issues that day. It is cheap but ya if it holds up and works then good deal.

Also no straw purchasing. It would be a gift. Still allowed to do that where I live as long as that person is allowed to own a weapon. I take gun safety pretty extreme. I don't shoot with unsafe people and would never let a person legally not allowed weapon to get one of mine. Hell, I stopped shooting with a dude who flagged me with his barrel. I told him to watch his muzzle. His response was "its not loaded." Last time I ever went near him when weapons are involved.

No feeding issues that day. It is cheap but ya if it holds up and works then good deal.

Also no straw purchasing. It would be a gift. Still allowed to do that where I live as long as that person is allowed to own a weapon. I take gun safety pretty extreme. I don't shoot with unsafe people and would never let a person legally not allowed weapon to get one of mine. Hell, I stopped shooting with a dude who flagged me with his barrel. I told him to watch his muzzle. His response was "its not loaded." Last time I ever went near him when weapons are involved.

Right on just passing along a word of caution. Conducting yourself safely and responsibly should be viewed as the standard. I would have a zero tolerance policy for anyone like that also. There really isn’t any other way to be.

Right on just passing along a word of caution. Conducting yourself safely and responsibly should be viewed as the standard. I would have a zero tolerance policy for anyone like that also. There really isn’t any other way to be.
Indeed. His response upset me the most.

I don't care if it's not loaded. Treat them as always loaded. Dude was an idiot. I've taken care of gunshot victims both accidental and intentional. It is not like the movies. So always, always safety first with weapons.

Indeed. His response upset me the most.

I don't care if it's not loaded. Treat them as always loaded. Dude was an idiot. I've taken care of gunshot victims both accidental and intentional. It is not like the movies. So always, always safety first with weapons.

For sure. That’s Day 1 stuff if you don’t think it’s always loaded let’s go over lesson 1 again. I had a step Brother Fan a group of us at an outdoor shooting range in a National Forrest. We were easily 45min-1hr to the nearest hospital. My old man was an Army Vet and about lost his mind.

For sure. That’s Day 1 stuff if you don’t think it’s always loaded let’s go over lesson 1 again. I had a step Brother Fan a group of us at an outdoor shooting range in a National Forrest. We were easily 45min-1hr to the nearest hospital. My old man was an Army Vet and about lost his mind.

I was teaching my lady basic gun safety. She asked why I checked the chamber right after she did so I had to explain in more detail.

My dad worked a gun counter back in tje 70s and had a dude put a round in the rifle before he handed it back to my dad.

He said don't take anyone's word that a weapon is unloaded or not. Check for yourself. They also beat that into you in the military. So it's been stuck in my head since I was a little guy.

I was teaching my lady basic gun safety. She asked why I checked the chamber right after she did so I had to explain in more detail.

My dad worked a gun counter back in tje 70s and had a dude put a round in the rifle before he handed it back to my dad.

He said don't take anyone's word that a weapon is unloaded or not. Check for yourself. They also beat that into you in the military. So it's been stuck in my head since I was a little guy.

Solid advice. Leave no doubt. Especially when consequences can be dire.

The rule of don't point your weapon at anything you do not intend to destroy is the best way to put it.

Once I get the Extar EP9 out to the range again I will post an update. Just gotta find some time to reload a bunch of ammo.

Where are you even finding components?

or is it shit you been havin?

Where are you even finding components?

or is it shit you been havin?
The aftermarket scene is a bit low. People seem to have modded them out though. I don't intend to add much to it. Just a sling and maybe a flashlight.

I figure no sense in dumping lots of money into it. I already have about $1000 add-ons to my AR-10. Just gonna keep the Extar quick and easy to use. I did see a folding charging handle that looks useful.

The aftermarket scene is a bit low. People seem to have modded them out though. I don't intend to add much to it. Just a sling and maybe a flashlight.

I figure no sense in dumping lots of money into it. I already have about $1000 add-ons to my AR-10. Just gonna keep the Extar quick and easy to use. I did see a folding charging handle that looks useful.

No I meant Reloading components..

Bullets, Brass, Primers, Powder. you know, Shit like that there.

Back