Anyone ever see this hardcore takedown? LOL

The judo guy won by TKO.
freestyle wrestler

I am also disappointed. he looks like an XXL version of lombard, would have been cool to see a new judoka enter MMA, but that is only my old judo nuthugging that is speaking

an awesome international level freestyle wrestler isn't too shabby either

5 time worlds podium (one gold and two silvers/bronzes
1 time olympic silver

built like a brick shit house whatever that is

That was quite the ankle pick.

how embarrassing for the guy that got takendown :$

watch the fight, the dude is good and had beat him beat up the whole time

sometimes world class athletes gets thrown in too quick a la Nastula, sometimes it is just silly when they beat up guys totally not on their level. damned if you do damned if you don't you know

There should be some sort of system in order for world class guys coming from wrestling, bjj, judo or striking backgrounds

there should be fair match ups

I'm gonna try that.

It can work. I am a serial guard puller (not even a guard jumper, mostly I just sit down). One of my opponents knew that so when we got close enough to grip fight I would just sit down and he would be back off. I kept sitting down and he kept backing off 3 times. At that point he was sure I wasn't planning anything except playing the bottom. The 4th time I sat down, I sprung right back up with a handful of his pant leg. Kicked out his other leg and got a takedown. One of the very few takedowns ever for me, lol.

The fact that it actually worked really says more about the guy who got taken down than it does about the guy who did the takedown.

Not really man. Yoel Romero is a badass wrestler, 5'10 205 brick house, Olympic Silver Medalist and multiple time World Championship medalist.

No shame in getting embarrasingly dumped on your ass by a guy like him. To quote Joe Rogan- this guy will fuck you.

20090926_Ringen_ik_5976.jpg

Last edited:
That guy has amazingly quick hands, but the guy had his front foot on a silver platter. Great clip.

Id be careful trying that in an MMA bout, Id be wary of getting my nose and orbital socket smashed into a million piece from someone with half decent knees.

BJJ or grappling would probly be a little safer. Nice T/D though

Looks like an ankle pick. With no control on the body. So it literally is a PURE ankle pick.

^^

a couple guys at my gym love this move. they usually pull straight back and up though when they stand back up instead of semi circular like this one.

Back