Anyone else want to see pierce vs ellenberger?

senkigudo**

White Belt
Reaction score
give pierce someone that is going to match his wrestling and give him a fight. I know he stepped in for noke against seth but his clinch work and wrestling made seth look like a rookie, ellenberger would stop pierce, and do what fitch/kos/hendricks couldnt.

I'd be down for it, just so I could see The Juggernaut knock Pierce's dome into the cheap seats.

Yes, I'd like to see Mike Pierce knocked out.

Decent match up, step up from Heiron.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ellenberger vs Koscheck since it was suppose to happen at the infamous 151

Not the most exciting but it does seem like he tries and he does have some decent moments every now and then.

He never looks like he is remotely interested in possibly maybe thinking about ending a fight.

Yeah i was surprised how hard he got boo'd for his win, he does make a good heel in the division he isnt quite a top contender but an elite gatekeeper.

yes. that's the matchup i was forgetting. completely forgot about Ellenberger.

I don't really want to see Pierce vs anyone but I guess this is a good fight from a rankings perspective.

That's what I'm hoping for actually, as a Pierce fan. I've heard that Ellenberger/Hathaway is in the works though.

Pierce shines stylistically when he faces wrestleboxers(from an entertainment POV).

I think that he'd likely beat Ellenberger too tbh. Ellenberger hasn't completely closed his cardio issues, his wrestling is mid-tier, Pierce is extremely tough to finish, and Pierce would bring a great exp. advantage.

Then again Pierce has not gotten the nod in fights he should have imo.

Ellenberger is still a contender according to Dana, Pierce is the unofficial gatekeeper of breaking into the top 10 of the WW division. Jake Shields is supposedly moving back down to WW. I'd like to see Pierce welcome him back. I'd jus like to see if Pierce can out grapple Shields and it gives Pierce another chance to breakout of his gatekeeper status.

you will see mike pierce again dont worry hell be dominating ur fav fighter soon enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back