Anyone else think Stann and Goldie worked well together?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I thought they worked pretty well tonight. Goldie talked less and Stann is the man. Anyone agree?

I like Goldie. But most Sherdogers think that he is the dumbest person on the planet. Joe is obsessed with bragging about techniques and only gets me hyped when* something big happens.

Goldie felt a bit emasculated having to look up at stann. He usually feels alpha being next to 5'6 Joe Rogna

I agree with you that Stann did well. He always does. He gets criticism for his relatively flat and unexcited style, but like the other fighters who do commentary, I appreciate his insights and his knowledge of the game. I also love how he does the whole "drawing on the screen" thing in the highlights. Informative and concise.

Golberg, on the other hand, is getting worse and worse. He's like a malfunctioning cliche robot. He just spits out tired old lines, in confusing grammar, and is STILL regularly getting things completely wrong.

I really hope the rumours of the UFC replacing him are true. He's actually difficult for me to listen to these days. I've missed important moments in fights because I'm rolling my eyes at the inane word salad falling out of his mouth.

I thought they worked pretty well tonight. Goldie talked less and Stann is the man. Anyone agree?
Goldberg is on his way out, so what does it matter?

I agree with you that Stann did well. He always does. He gets criticism for his relatively flat and unexcited style, but like the other fighters who do commentary, I appreciate his insights and his knowledge of the game. I also love how he does the whole "drawing on the screen" thing in the highlights. Informative and concise.

Golberg, on the other hand, is getting worse and worse. He's like a malfunctioning cliche robot. He just spits out tired old lines, in confusing grammar, and is STILL regularly getting things completely wrong.

I really hope the rumours of the UFC replacing him are true. He's actually difficult for me to listen to these days. I've missed important moments in fights because I'm rolling my eyes at the inane word salad falling out of his mouth.

I am one of those people. Not a fan of Stann.

Stann is too straight laced and corny.

I just hope Dom Cruz takes over for Rogan. Just keep Rogan long enough for Dominick to take his place.

Goldie felt a bit emasculated having to look up at stann. He usually feels alpha being next to 5'6 Joe Rogna
I think you are adding narrative that isnt there. Also Joe would murder Goldie if they ever fought. Joe knows, Goldie knows. The earth knows this.

Oddly enough Stann is growing on me. I think I'm just burnt out on Hogan.

C'mon man. . .

Goldie is like an old and cherished friend. Sure, maybe he gets things wrong at times, but he is affable and the kind of guy we should fight to the death for.

The UFC without the Rogan/Goldie team is no UFC at all.

felt like i was watching a legitimate sport for once

Oddly enough Stann is growing on me. I think I'm just burnt out on Hogan.

Stann's an awesome person. I'm so-so on him as a commentator, but he is a great human being.

True story: I interviewed him a few years ago for a magazine article. He was as much of a gentleman in person as he is on camera. I cannot say a bad thing about him.

C'mon man. . .

Goldie is like an old and cherished friend. Sure, maybe he gets things wrong at times, but he is affable and the kind of guy we should fight to the death for.

The UFC without the Rogan/Goldie team is no UFC at all.

Nope.

Goldie is flat out bad at speaking the English language. Which is pretty much his entire job.

This is nothing to do with Goldie as a person, who seems nice and apparently works very hard... but he's terrible at the job and the UFC can find people who are much better at it.

Nope.

Goldie is flat out bad at speaking the English language. Which is pretty much his entire job.

This is nothing to do with Goldie as a person, who seems nice and apparently works very hard... but he's terrible at the job and the UFC can find people who are much better at it.

I disagree. I like him. I like spending time with him. He's not flat or boring. His mistakes are part of his character.

When I watch the UFC and he's not part of it, I feel like something is missing.

Agreed but they MUST replace Goldie with Stann. If Rome takes his place for real, we're in for a world of pain...

Back