Anyone Else Think Bethe Was Winning...

it's difficult to argue that someone was winning when the fight ends so quickly and decisively

Until she got KO'd?

giphy.gif

I legit laughed out loud when I ready the thread title.

I think Bethe at least seemingly had a better game plan than the other women who fought Ronda. She was avoiding the clinch, but maybe Ronda didn't want to engage too much and wanted to strike, hard to tell.

Ronda said she chose not to clinch and strike with Bethe. You'll notice right before Bethe was swept to the ground that Ronda went in to grab Bethe out of habit and then let go.

Personally, I'm surprised this is how the fight went down. I thought it might be a (T)KO but I expected Ronda to toss Bethe around for a minute or two, GNP, and finish Bethe off standing if the ref didn't call it during the GNP. I'm not disappointed Ronda chose to stand with Bethe though but it is disappointing Bethe didn't have the ability to withstand Ronda's onslaught for a couple minutes. I really think Ronda intended to batter and bloody Bethe a bit more and Bethe couldn't hold up and take the beating.

Twas sad.

Bethe was getting lit up by those little rabbit uppercuts where Ronda was grabbing the back of her head and pulling down. After that she was just rocked and was throwing nothing..

Yeah, should she get the belt for winning 19 seconds of the fight?

Winning what??? You're right though, she was winning from the moment the fight started up until the point they touched gloves

What part before the ko was this? When she was getting uppercutted in the clinch? Or when she was flipping over on the ground? Or when she was getting a knee in the belly?

What part before the ko was this? When she was getting uppercutted in the clinch? Or when she was flipping over on the ground? Or when she was getting a knee in the belly?

It was the knee in the belly. Not the 2nd one but the first.

She has pillow fists, got swarmed and ktfo

Not sure if that counts as winning, unless you're charles sheen

One good uppercut or a knee and Bethe could have turned that whole situation around. It's hilarious when you think about it.

That would be true if Bethe could throw a good uppercut, or a good punch in general. She landed a few on Ronda but they were just arm punches. Someone needs to teach her to sit down on her punches. It's sad because she was doing fine at first, but then she went for that terrible overhand.

Yeah until she got knocked out with the weakest ko punch ever

Watch that punch at full speed and pay attention. It was a very hard punch that landed right behind the ear. That would have taken out most anyone. Even male fighters.

Until she got KO'd?

What difference does it make? This fight lasted half a minute, and by the end of it Bethe was face down eating canvas. The result is what ultimately counts, albeit pretty sloppy.

Back