Anyone else notice the Brazilian crowd didn't 'Boo' the decision?

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was it because they agreed Shields won it?

Were they ashamed of their brazilian fighter was so boring?

Were they asleep?

Did most of them leave in the middle of the fight?

not every crowd in brazil is the same. sao paulo is a lot different than rio. i could actually heard them clapping after DHK ko'd erick.

When their guys are winning they're loud and proud as fuck, however when their guys lose they pretend like their not even brazilians lol.

I was actually entertained by the fight...atleast the first 15 minutes of it.

but they probably didnt care and werent invested in playboys.

I was wondering why the were booing the grappling over the first 3 rounds and then it was clear in the 4th that they were only booing over the first 3 rounds because Shields was outgrappling him. When Goddard stood them up when Maia was on top in the 4th, they booed.

Was it because they agreed Shields won it?

Were they ashamed of their brazilian fighter was so boring?

Were they asleep?

Did most of them leave in the middle of the fight?

ur a troll ts. do u want me to point out an army of boring american fighters? One thing brazilians arent known for is boring fighters. end thread.

ur a troll ts. do u want me to point out an army of boring american fighters? One thing brazilians arent known for is boring fighters. end thread.

Big difference between trolling and poking alittle fun, which everything listed in the OP did.

Chill out and laugh at the horrible main event we witnessed tonight.

When their guys are winning they're loud and proud as fuck, however when their guys lose they pretend like their not even brazilians lol.

pretty much this.

People in Sao paulo are a little less nationalistic and more educated than people in Rio.

If you meet a Brazilian and he is an asshole there is an ENORMOUS probability that he is from Rio de Janeiro. Just like if you meet an american and he is an asshole there is a big probability that he is from New York.

tough to boo the obvious decision be it the one you hoped for or not.

People in Sao paulo are a little less nationalistic and more educated than people in Rio.

If you meet a Brazilian and he is an asshole there is an ENORMOUS probability that he is from Rio de Janeiro. Just like if you meet an american and he is an asshole there is a big probability that he is from New York.

just because a place has a reputation for something doesn't mean the whole world should instantly categorize a person from that place. what a stupid, narrow minded assumption.

I was in the event, everyone clappped and even standed up clapped when DHK koed Erick Silva and a lot of ppl was pissed that there was no post fight interview.

just because a place has a reputation for something doesn't mean the whole world should instantly categorize a person from that place. what a stupid, narrow minded assumption.

A lot of brazilians complain about people in Rio.

Their taxi drivers are constatly trying to rip you off.

They mock every other accent different than theirs.

They are arrogant.

They try to profit over people from outside every chance they get. I will never forget when a guy tried to sell me a 2L bottle of Coke for R$12,00.

Sometimes the reputation are true. I have some friends from Rio de Janeiro, some good friends, but the MAJORITY of the people met there were just plain assholes, from the coconut water seller, to the taxi driver.

I was in the event, everyone clappped and even standed up clapped when DHK koed Erick Silva and a lot of ppl was pissed that there was no post fight interview.

this.

it's kind of dumb to think a 200 mi ppl country would be the same from top to bottom. welcome to sherdog, though.

Haha are you from Sao Paulo or something?

What a bitch

They are arrogant.

They try to profit over people from outside every chance they get. I will never forget when a guy tried to sell me a 2L bottle of Coke for R$12,00.

Sometimes the reputation are true. I have some friends from Rio de Janeiro, some good friends, but the MAJORITY of the people met there were just plain assholes, from the coconut water seller, to the taxi driver.

Hahahahahahaha you sound envious and an easy fella to be tricked

They are arrogant.

well god help you if you ever visit mexico. people with incomes that wouldn't even cover cable tv in a developed country will endlessly try to sell you cheap, low quality shit to put clothes on their backs and food on their tables. maybe their livelyhood depends on making the additional money.

I think they were all expecting and hoping for a nasty back and forth submission battle....Obviously it didn't turn into that and they were probably all in awe and half asleep.

Not much to bitch about. I had Jake winning three round!

this.

it's kind of dumb to think a 200 mi ppl country would be the same from top to bottom. welcome to sherdog, though.

I used to have the same POV as Sherdog when it comes to brazilians, until I attended the event. I saw a large group of Matt Hamill supporters in the crowd, and no, they were not americans. There was a lot of fight practictioners using gym T-shirts, these people follow MMA so they're not dumb as the typical joe attending the event. But the uh vai morrer was there though, it's not as serious as the sherdoggers think it is.

Back