Anyone else not understand Yair/Penn matchmaking ?

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What is the point of this fight ? On one end you have a young prospect, and although I'm not really seeing the hype with Yair he does have potential. And on the other an old legend of the sport coming out of retirement who hasn't won a fight in years.

I'd understand if BJ had been active this whole time and they were just using him to have a name on Yair's record, but as a return fight it just doesn't make sense.

I think Barao or Maynard would have made much more sense for BJ. Yair should be facing someone top 10.

Penn shouldn't be cleared to fight anymore. <{hughesimpress}>

BJ is like cro cop, You can never count penn out

Considering the amount of misc cards and fights they've been throwing together, this should come as no surprise.

Yeah, it's a lose-lose for Yair. How cool would it be if BJ fuckin beats him though lol

Penn should of stayed retired after the Diaz beating. Other then knocking out old man passed his prime Hughes he hasnt put on a solid perfomance since 2009 for christ sakes

What is the point of this fight ? On one end you have a young prospect, and although I'm not really seeing the hype with Yair he does have potential. And on the other an old legend of the sport coming out of retirement who hasn't won a fight in years.

I'd understand if BJ had been active this whole time and they were just using him to have a name on Yair's record, but as a return fight it just doesn't make sense.

I think Barao or Maynard would have made much more sense for BJ. Yair should be facing someone top 10.
Barao or Maynard! ? Maynard, alright. ..but Barao is still a killer.

Passing the torch showcase match for Yair to mess up BJ via crazy kicks and stuff.

Doesn't make any sense

Unless bj just has a need to compete

Back