anyone else like trying new handwraps?

Leafs42084

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I figure its one of those things that are cheap enough to try a bunch of different ones...

plus I wash everything right after classes, and its annoying to have to wash the handwraps right away so theyre dry by the time you go back the next day.. its just annoying in general how they all get tangled etc

I dont have hte money to be trying a bunch of gloves or anything, so handwraps it is...

what are your favourite ones? Ive tried a couple and think Boes handwraps feel pretty good, but I got ringside handwraps and they feel very strong... how are the fairtex ones? surprised how expensive they are

I got CSI handwraps on the way, excited to try them. But more excited about
yhst-30366506675980_1999_6485440
that will be arriving in a week or so...

I'm not a big fan of 100% cotton wraps, even though I used Title wraps for the longest time. Then I moved on to some pink everlast mexican wraps - loved those, but the velco eventually wore off...

So now I alternate a pair of Ambers and a pair of Cagesides. The Ambers are awesome wraps, I highly recommend them. Cageside seem a little weaker, but they were incredibly cheap so I don't mind.

I want to get a pair of Grants, they're 200". Next on my list!

Everlast mexican handwraps are probably the only thing I like from everlast. I also have the fairtex handwraps, which are also pretty good.

Ive got some Fairtex 180" which i love and I always tape my wrists and knuckles..hands dont move..love it

Am I the only one who hates elastic wraps? I don't think I'll ever stop using cotton unless I have a guy to wrap my hands with gauze.

I'm not a big fan of 100% cotton wraps, even though I used Title wraps for the longest time. Then I moved on to some pink everlast mexican wraps - loved those, but the velco eventually wore off...

So now I alternate a pair of Ambers and a pair of Cagesides. The Ambers are awesome wraps, I highly recommend them. Cageside seem a little weaker, but they were incredibly cheap so I don't mind.

I want to get a pair of Grants, they're 200". Next on my list!

Hey!!:D

I actually (surprise, surprise) love the Cagesides - they are extra long and allow me to go through each finger 2x plus they are not too thick and bulky. Just personal preference.

Cotton handwraps get tangled easily because they're not wrinkle resistant. Get Mexican style 180".

Century 180" wraps will probably give you the most protection.

i just bought ringside, I hope they are good

I actually (surprise, surprise) love the Cagesides - they are extra long and allow me to go through each finger 2x plus they are not too thick and bulky. Just personal preference.

I love the Cageside wraps too. Great price, 200" semi-elastic. I can wrap my fists nice and tight with a lot of layers around the knuckles, just the way I like it.

Cageside ones are nice does anyone like gel handwraps?

I had no idea that the Cagesides were 200", but they are quality wrap, but one wrap had the velcro come off so I'm a little weary on the quality, but nothing a little gorilla glue didn't fix.

I'll probably pick up a couple more sets when I make my next order, actually. Such a good deal.

DO NOT GET THE GRANT 200" WRAPS. I got them and they suck, badly. IT says 200" and I measured it but for some reason I can actually wrap less things than if I use my 180 elastic wrap. I concluded that was because the Grant wraps are MUCH thicker than almost any handwrap I have ever used so when you go around your hand it takes up more wrap length and they are so thick they feel so weird. they suck, dont get them. where can I find the cageside 200" wrap? The BOON elastic wrap is good but the title basic elastics are the best I have used in my opinion cause it feels the most like guaze

i use the twins wrap. its good but not great. i want something longer than that.

DO NOT GET THE GRANT 200" WRAPS. I got them and they suck, badly. IT says 200" and I measured it but for some reason I can actually wrap less things than if I use my 180 elastic wrap. I concluded that was because the Grant wraps are MUCH thicker than almost any handwrap I have ever used so when you go around your hand it takes up more wrap length and they are so thick they feel so weird. they suck, dont get them. where can I find the cageside 200" wrap? The BOON elastic wrap is good but the title basic elastics are the best I have used in my opinion cause it feels the most like guaze

Get the Cageside wraps here: MMA Gear, MMA Gloves, MMA Shorts, MMA Shirts, MMA Equipment at CagesideMMA.com. They're great semi-elastic wraps, nice 2" x 200" length, and not thick at all like the Grant wraps.

I have the fairtex and windy 180" wraps and they are both fantastic. They are virtually identical and you can usually find the windy's for a few bucks less.

LE Roy Handwraps for the win. Seriously I have hand problems, ask anyone on this board and I've been complaining about them for years. I used a pair of Le Roy Handwraps and doubled them up and they are the best pair of handwraps I've used. My wrist don't hurt as often as they did before. I think for me they conform really well for my hands and wrist.

i use the twins wrap. its good but not great. i want something longer than that.

I prefer mexican handwraps, but if I would use cotton, twins is a good choice.

Back